Thank You Cyan!

Re: Thank You Cyan!

Postby a.sterbini » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:13 am

Thanks Cyan!
it has been a long wait .... years ... but now I can again walk on your shores/worlds ...
This is soooooooooo nice!
My son and daughter pass near me and remember fondly when they were 6 and 8 and we were solving the Riven puzzles (and then the following games ...)

Thanks a lot ... and now let go back exploring the rock world!

<3 <3 <3
a.sterbini

Postby CrisGer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Yes indeed it s great to be back in a Cyan World...so much time spend enjoyably in them and now we can return. thank you so much Rand and all at Cyan for your dedication and hard hard work.

CrisGer
URU MOUL Lives
Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
"We Build Worlds"
CrisGer

Postby carterhawk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Obduction was a wonderful experience, I wish only that there was more of it. I hope the success here helps secure future funding to build another, even larger and grander game down the line.
carterhawk

Postby ArkhamNative » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Yes, thank you Cyan! I'm a very happy backer who has just completed the game. I had to come here and thank everyone who helped make this happen. Obduction was a wonderful story and experience.

I understand there currently are some glitches and technical issues preventing some others from playing. I hope they are resolved so all backers and many others get a chance to enjoy Obduction soon.

As for what's next, I plan to savor the memories, allow time for various patches and updates, then dive back in and play it all over again.
ArkhamNative
Obduction Backer

Postby Leathersoup » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank you Cyan! It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of being whisked away into your world.
Leathersoup

Postby Tai'lahr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:14 am

I have my gripes about the whole backer experience, poor communication, system requirements, glitches, bugs and other miscellany, but when all is said and done, I'm just happy that our favorite game company is still around and still enthusiastic about creating amazing new worlds for us to explore.

I am taking my time, playing only one to two hours a day and just enjoying the heek out of discovering something new in this huge world every day. So, thanks for the great time I'm having, Cyan.

Given the opportunity, I will back the next Cyan game.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Thank You Cyan! - Myst, The Book of Atrus

Postby captainkephart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:57 am

Hi, Have just plucked courage to buy a gaming PC (mid range MSI GE62),
then to fight through Windows 10 bloat and clean it down to the minimum, Steam went in, Obduction loaded ...

3, 2, 1 go!

- - - - - - Long pause - - - - -

Sorry, I should finish the post before is dissapear into the Myst / Obduction universe again ....

Just wonderful, worth every penny of the backing to Cyan and the personal investment.

Thanks so much to the Cyan Team,
Captain K

PS. I so enjoyed the 'Myst, Book of Atrus' (1995) and so I'm also reaally looking forward to the snail world's tangible Backer's items. All-in-all, for a 65-year old brought up on science fiction as a never-never land, that it is ACTUALLY here and now is quite transcendent ...
captainkephart
Obduction Backer

Postby matthornb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Yes. Thank you, Cyan, for all the effort you put into creating these amazing worlds, all the work you poured into every part of the game. It's astonishing what you guys pulled off, and the work you continue to do to get Obduction working with more systems.

Here's hoping that even though Obduction had a slow launch, it will be a game that has a solid run and plenty of steady growth over the next year... Obduction is a great game that we all hope will be successful enough to merit both a new franchise and the revival of the Myst legacy.

And yes, it is amazing how technology has progressed - we've seen some amazing things unfold with computer technology, in the past 25 years since I was a child and got my first experiences with computers, and I'm sure this can be pushed further still, even if not quite as rapidly.

I've been critical of some parts of the game design, various details, but all in all I still loved Obduction, still had a sense of awe and wonder at certain moments in the game and I enjoyed looking around and observing every little nook and cranny of these beautiful places. Consider me a happy (obducted) camper.
Matthew L. Hornbostel, creator of Panoramic Worlds,
a Myst fansite, and
various other stuff.
matthornb

Postby Sunsanvil » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 am

Even though I'm a backer and got the game on day one, my disk IO was really bad and I did not want to spoil the experience so I shelved it.

I upgraded to a phat SSD last week though and finally started playing.. and am thrilled! My wife passed by while I was maybe an hour or two in, and now I'm not allowed to play unless she is with me. :) Thats saying a lot because she has NO interest in computer games and she is now totally invested.

Its the same freshness of experience I had with MYST some, what, 20 years ago (yikes!).

I sincerely hope this is the start of a new and long lived franchise and that by taking the KS route there wont be any shenanigans of selling the IP to a big publisher who will just farm it out to whoever. ;)
Sunsanvil
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:49 am

Yes thank you very much :).
Jamie Marchant

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)