Exclusive content in PS4 version.

Exclusive content in PS4 version.

Postby Jamie Marchant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:56 am

So it seems the PS4 port of Obduction comes with new exclusive content. This is very frustrating since we recently finished the game on PC and I don't feel like buying it on another platform. Cyan please don't do this again.
Jamie Marchant

Re: Exclusive content in PS4 version.

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 am

Well that's disappointing. Although it sounds like maybe this is part of their deal with Legendary. Maybe this was one of the parts that got cut when that publisher deal fell through, and they got a deal to put the content in for the PS4 version?
Still, I would hope that it is a limited exclusivity, and that it would make it to the PC version at some point. I don't even own a PS4... :(
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:36 am

What is the content?

Although it sounds like maybe this is part of their deal with Legendary.

Far more likely to be part of a deal with Sony.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 am

I wasn't aware that they had a deal with Sony. This article suggests that it's Legendary: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... e-content/
Or this one: http://obduction.com/obduction-launches ... e-content/
My point was that since they are backing the PS4 port, they might have worked a deal to help Cyan fund the extra content with the promise that it would be exclusive to the version that they are funding.

The content is a new area that is a Russian Submarine. According to the articles I've seen, it contains some more backstory for the characters, and some new music.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Magic88889 wrote:The content is a new area that is a Russian Submarine. According to the articles I've seen, it contains some more backstory for the characters, and some new music.

This is what I've heard as well. Speaking of music:
Ryan Warzecha from a 'http://obduction.com' article wrote: and two new music tracks composed by Cyan software and audio engineer, Hannah Gamiel.

Odd that they are not composed by Robin Miller like the rest of the game.

Magic88889 wrote:Although it sounds like maybe this is part of their deal with Legendary.

Yes, this could be part of the deal, in which case I have to question what is the cost of the port? Is it worth it? This is the first I have heard of this new content. How can I buy a game knowing that the company behind it may release a more definitive version? How do you justify buying the same thing twice? These are not easy questions to answer. Often whether a company will make a more definitive version is just guess work.
Jamie Marchant

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:35 am

There have been nods and winks from Cyan that the new content will be rolled out to other platforms in due course. Can't remember if this was on twitter or facebook but the gist was don't panic :) Cyan will take care of things.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby area51 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:55 am

According to what I read on both Twitter and FB, this exclusive content is part of the Legendary deal and is likely to be part of a not so far update for other platforms. ;)
Image Image PolyStudio.shop, my Wife's Polymer Clay online Shop - Grover, MAhmtee Bevin : KI #123057
area51
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks for the news links. I knew they had some funding deal for the PS4 port (mentioned in the Mysterium Q&A) but I didn't realize it was with Legendary.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Acorn1 wrote:There have been nods and winks from Cyan that the new content will be rolled out to other platforms in due course. Can't remember if this was on twitter or facebook but the gist was don't panic :) Cyan will take care of things.

That's what I would expect, as usually these deals are only for so long. However, it would be nice to have some kind of confirmation of that. Or even some kind of time frame: a month, a year, ten years?
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:55 am

It's good to hear that the content may be coming to other platforms. I look forward to hearing more info about this when we have some.
Jamie Marchant

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)