"Save Game" glitch

"Save Game" glitch

Postby Cicada » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 pm

For some reason the game only saves the current point, the saved game Options are all blank, so if I make a mistake, I can't go back to a previous save. I was at the very end of the game and accidentally clicked the wrong object, with undesired results. Had to work the whole game over again to get where I was. I think I was having problems with saves before the recent game update, but I'm not sure, since I hadn't tried them (there were not pictures in the "Saved" boxes). I'd wanted to test the game's alternate endings, but I don't want to play the whole thing over two or three times.

I have been wanting to replay Myst for about 10 years, even had a friend load Windows 3.1 to a computer, so my disc would work, but the clunker died before I got too far. I found out about RM:ME during the Obduction Kickstarter, so I finally got my chance for a replay! Thanks, CYAN. Next I'm going to see if my old RIVEN discs still work!
Cicada
Obduction Backer

Re: "Save Game" glitch

Postby Jamie Marchant » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Did you try dragging the save image into one of the 'save squares' as if this where a mobile game?
Jamie Marchant

Postby Cicada » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Jamie Marchant wrote:Did you try dragging the save image into one of the 'save squares' as if this where a mobile game?

Thanks, Jamie. That seems to work. I've never played a mobile game (my phone is a phone!), so that idea did not occur to me.
Cicada
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm

RM:ME started out on the iPad I guess they never changes how you save. This is also why there where huge arrows on things when you pulled switches.
Jamie Marchant

Return to realMyst: Masterpiece Edition (2014)