Lighting still broken

Lighting still broken

Postby borntokillmarine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:53 pm

lighting on game still broken in buildings after update
borntokillmarine
Obduction Backer

Re: Lighting still broken

Postby Jamie Marchant » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:46 am

I haven't heard of this issue what exactly is the problem?
Jamie Marchant

Postby Hannah » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 am

Hey borntokillmarine,

If you are having technical issues with the game and cannot find answers for the issue[s] on the forums, I'd recommend contacting us at our support site: support.cyan.com.
Hannah
Hannah
Site Admin

Postby howardjnl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 am

Lighting inside the buildings on Myst Island doesn't work at all inside the clock tower, cabin, power room, tower, planetarium, and is extremely dim inside the library and imager room. I've submitted a problem ticket and since added a reply to it with more specific info. No response to my tickets.
I'm using Windows 8.0 x64 with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphics adapter (AMD). Tried Advanced video settings in realMyst eliminating all features, some features, features "on" one at a time, etc.; no change. All drivers, OS updates, realMyst updated (using Steam).
Help?
John
howardjnl

Postby howardjnl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Just tried realMyst on my desktop Windows 8.1 x64 with NVidia card and have the exact same problem. I was making sure this was not related to any problems with the ATI Radeon card on my lap top. Still no response from support.
John
howardjnl

Postby WeldFord » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:59 am

They are surely trying to see where the problem comes from before replying you (that's what they have done with me).

I don't know how to help you however, I think the way lighting and shadows work is very strange inside the buildings, provoking either ugly textures or strong darkening with some configurations.
That´s why I suggested disabling the shadows, but if it doesn't work, I believe you can only wait for a patch.
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby howardjnl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks! I tried turning off shadowing, using "low" video advanced setting, and other tweaks on both systems; no change in the problem.
John
howardjnl

Return to realMyst: Masterpiece Edition (2014)