Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Postby Raj166 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:46 am

I've turned on the machines, but can't get to the 2nd tree. I keep going up and down stairs and just repeating. Is there a more detailed Help? I've found 2 walk-throughs, neither helped in this case. I'm 'directed' back to a 'box' with lots of lights and switches... I've played with them, can't turn them off. Maybe, that's why I'm stuck?
I used to play the Myst games, not easy - but this one is too hard (I'm 76 yrs old). How about more detailed HELP for older people who used to like Cyan games???
How can I post a picture of this box with lights and switches? I am getting very frustrated :(
Raj166

Re: Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Postby Mac_Fife » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:25 am

I expect you mean the box mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=1357

It has a function in helping you, but probably not in the way you might think. Anyway, the tree in that world is tricky to get to. The point is that one of the things you may have done to help you move around actually blocks your path to the tree and you need to undo it. It's very easy to fail to see that this is what has happened. The box has nothing to do with that, but it's close to where you need to fix things.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Re: Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Postby wstrohm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:52 am

Check carefully the paths in the area of the flying beetles.
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS