Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Postby Raj166 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:46 am

I've turned on the machines, but can't get to the 2nd tree. I keep going up and down stairs and just repeating. Is there a more detailed Help? I've found 2 walk-throughs, neither helped in this case. I'm 'directed' back to a 'box' with lots of lights and switches... I've played with them, can't turn them off. Maybe, that's why I'm stuck?
I used to play the Myst games, not easy - but this one is too hard (I'm 76 yrs old). How about more detailed HELP for older people who used to like Cyan games???
How can I post a picture of this box with lights and switches? I am getting very frustrated :(
Raj166

Re: Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck!

Postby Mac_Fife » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:25 am

I expect you mean the box mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=1357

It has a function in helping you, but probably not in the way you might think. Anyway, the tree in that world is tricky to get to. The point is that one of the things you may have done to help you move around actually blocks your path to the tree and you need to undo it. It's very easy to fail to see that this is what has happened. The box has nothing to do with that, but it's close to where you need to fix things.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby wstrohm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:52 am

Check carefully the paths in the area of the flying beetles.
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Re: Hints are NOT helping - I'm stuck (again)!

Postby Raj166 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:19 am

thanks for helping, I've got out of that situation -- now am stuck again in Farley's room! I can hear the jewelry box ballerina, and the harp, have looked at everything else (except I don't know which bit to press in the motherboard shown in the back of the Myst book. I can see the exit but cannot get to it! I don't know what to do to get out! None of the walk-throughs mention this - they just show an exit. And, a strange thing: I suddenly saw a pair of golden scissors for a while, then they disappeared - no idea what they meant. Any suggestions, help? Thanks!
Raj166

Postby fjhLeger » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:11 am

I have no issues passing the seed machine by the left (ok, maybe a little dirty brushing the wall, certainly comming back).
Also tried with the node mode, this works fine as well.

Maybe this is related to a resolution issue, and in such case, i suggest you try the node movement mode. It looks like the linking book doesn't work, probably a mofangs technology side effect...
françois
fjhLeger
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:20 am

It is based off a book that somebody actually made (sorry I don't remember their name). They basically made a computer that would run Myst, and put in it a Myst book. It was actually pretty cool. The item in the game doesn't do anything sadly. Would have been cool to include the old Myst game inside Obduction.

But yeah, as far as getting stuck. I'm assuming that you just can't get to where you need to go because of a collision issue. Try switching to node mode and see it that can't get you past it.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby wstrohm » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:17 am

Hey Magic,
Forgive a Mac user's ignorance, but is "node mode" actually "Point and Click" mode?
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS