Finished the game but still confused

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Re: Finished the game but still confused

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:45 am

Okay. When I visited Mofang, the impression I got was that if there had been a detonation there (of which I wasn’t convinced at that time, as I still had no clear idea of the attack plan), it had killed (almost) all life but left the terrain mostly unmodified – I attributed the different surface color mostly to the different lighting by Earth’s sun vs. Soria’s sun, and through Earth’s atmosphere polluted by the war outside. Soria’s landscape is pretty barren to begin with after all. Your theory does mesh better with everything else though. Assuming that the bomb did have the power to destroy terrain and structures, and that the crater-like area was its location, would also explain why no Kaptar and Maray parts are visible – they were destroyed there. I didn’t make the connection between the direction of the dead half of the tree and that area.
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby Teknobubba » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:15 am

I dunno, Christian. It looks like chocolate pudding to me. They slimmed the place with pudding.
When you shop, insist on free range corn dogs
Teknobubba
Obduction Backer

Postby wstrohm » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:55 pm

As for success: even if you didn't arrive, and CW carried out his battery plan, all those on Maray would have been saved.
Then why did the "bad" ending finish with a giant sandstorm (or equivalent) looking like Hunrath was destroyed? And the comments from Caroline on "her" TV seemed to say that CW's battery plan would have destroyed everyone. Oh, just on Hunrath, eh? OK, I guess. I'lll look again.
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Maybe I need to play the bad ending again, but I remember that Hunrath was swapped to a different location, while Maray and Kaptar (supposedly) were swapped to where they were supposed to go. Didn't really destroy Hunrath, but didn't bring it with everyone either. I think they knew that was a possibility, especially with the imminent attack, so everyone was moved to Maray.
So Farley was more lamenting the fact that they lost Hunrath and, more importantly, CW.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:23 pm

I hate to point out continuity errors in a Cyan games but:

To quote Mac(nesting did not work):
[Reveal] Spoiler:
...So once you've pulled up the right pod, he then assumes you will work out that the body is a fake, as were the messages from "Josef", and that you will continue with the task, so he opens the door for you.

End quote
[Reveal] Spoiler: "my response"
How can he see which pod you've seen from his position? Especially when he is lying on the ground!
I guess you wander around with an "Uh" face!
Jamie Marchant

Postby Altairien » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Jamie Marchant wrote:How can he see which pod you've seen from his position? Especially when he is lying on the ground!
I guess you wander around with an "Uh" face![/spoiler]

I don't recall any evidence of how he knew so I can only theorize, but perhaps he audibly queried the system and the system responded that the correct pod had been accessed? He could've known even before you returned to him.

He knew what the faker was doing despite not being at either end of the faker's communications. To me that indicates he was likely getting information from the Villein system and that system provided more than local only information. The system was a connected system, a network, and naturally he was able to command/query it.

Also remember that we may need to draw symbols on panels to do simple things like open doors or activate bridges, but he has no such restriction. He could've received the information about which pod you summoned/viewed even while trapped since he could still vocalize.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 pm

I'd say that's the best explanation. Since the displays and panels are really only there for the humans to use, it would make sense that the Villein could use their vocalization to track your movements. I would guess that's how he even put the pod number on the screen in the first place.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 am

Oh, that makes sense. I guess he was monitoring the situation the whole time. Well, one mystery solved.
Jamie Marchant

Previous

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS