In Case You Have This Problem

For installation issues, problems running the game, game improvement suggestions, etc.

In Case You Have This Problem

Postby wstrohm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am

Obduction for the Mac was recently updated to version 1.6.5(0). For a fresh download, the problem I had will most likely not occur. But if you were previously running v 1.4.2, you might have some weird technical issue such as an unresponsive Obduction Menu. In my case it was its refusal to recognize any change to the menu input from keyboard or mouse. I found that the problem was a set of ".ini" files located in a folder in this filepath:
~user/name/GoLibrary/Preferences/Obduction/MacNoEditor. My solution was to delete that particular "Obduction" folder and restart my computer. The folder was re-created by the app and all subsequently went well.

Presumably the "old" folder had not been deleted when I manually removed version 1.4.2 of Obduction several moths ago, and was not replaced when I recently downloaded version 1.6.5(0).

Please note that even though you run version 1.6.5(0), at least my (Steam) version will still show "v1.4.2" in "Get Info." To verify the correct version of the app, look in the lower right-hand corner of the Menu display.
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Return to Technical Discussion