'Stuck' in Farley's room

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

'Stuck' in Farley's room

Postby Raj166 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:20 am

I cannot leave Farley's room : can see one of the transmitters but can't get close to it. Have looked at all the moveable objects, picked them up, turned keys (dancing lady on jewellery box), read the memo on the seeds, looked at the Myst book --- but can't get out of the room again! Please, help? Thanks
Raj166

Re: 'Stuck' in Farley's room

Postby wstrohm » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Try clicking "Esc," then choose Settings. Click on "Controls" and change from "Free Roam" to "Point and Click." then Resume game and see if you can now move. If you can, move away slightly and then go back and change back to Free Roam. This worked for me when I got stuck near some rocks.
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Raj166 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 am

Hi, thanks for the suggestion - will try, but I'm already using 'point and click'. But grateful for any ideas -- will try and see what happens!
Raj166

Postby Raj166 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:32 am

Thanks wstrohm - your tip worked for me as well! I'm back in the rest of the game! I'm still wondering though, what I needed to do in Farley's room (harp and ballerina) --- so may have to go back and do it.... unless you can tell me, wstrohm ?
Thanks again!
Raj166

Postby wstrohm » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 am

Raj166,

For me the most important item in Farley's vault was her book. I got some feeling for the overall plot of the story from that. Otherwise there are quite a few "Backer's" objects, like the Myst book, some paintings, tiny scissors, the toys on the shelf, etc. No major clues to puzzles or anything like that, as I remember. If you are interested in seeing which items are Backers' rewards, go into Settings and check the box. Then if you run your cursor over one, it will let you know. (That's true for the entire game, although I only looked for those in Hunrath.)
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Raj166 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 am

thanks -- had a look at the backers' options and yes, saw the scissors, and some other pieces. When I returned to Farleys room after escaping once, the harp is still blinking -- wish I knew why! The ballerina no longer appears - looks like I turned the handle sufficiently.
As I'm not a backer I can ignore those things, I guess -- but the harp still makes me wonder --- does anybody know?? Cyan staff - Hannah? Please....
Raj166

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS