Riven for OSX

Riven for OSX

Postby ebag10 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi all

Is there an ETA for a reliable, digital-download version of Riven for OSX?
I have seen (and purchased) a version on Steam, but it is Windows only. I also have the original Windows disk sets, but my Macbook does not have a CD drive.

Will there be a digital OSX port?

I used to play Riven as a child and it has always held a special place in my heart... Myst has had a few digital re-releases, but I have yet to see a reliable port of Riven...

PLEASE release! I will pay in my own blood! (or currency if you prefer)

*** EDIT Also ANDROID! Any possibility of a port?
ebag10

Re: Riven for OSX

Postby Ainia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi ebag10,

There is an iOS version of Riven available for purchase in iTunes. If you meant a Mac OSX desktop version of Riven (this is the iOS section so the context of your question was a little confusing), you can try Riven X. It requires you to download the content of the Riven CDs/DVD to your hard drive (something you'd need to get help with and perhaps uploaded into a cloud account so you could then download it; or a thumb drive if your laptop has a USB port). Development on the Riven X port has ceased since the Starry Expanse team has been tackling realRiven, but it worked well enough for me back when I tried it a few years ago.
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Re: Riven for OSX

Postby korovev » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:20 am

There’s an already compiled version of RivenX at CNet (you’ll still need to provide the datafiles).

Alternatively, you can use ScummVM.
KI #46116. The Cavern is Image. Donate to help it stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies
korovev
Obduction Backer

Return to iRiven (iOS)