Riven for OSX

Riven for OSX

Postby ebag10 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi all

Is there an ETA for a reliable, digital-download version of Riven for OSX?
I have seen (and purchased) a version on Steam, but it is Windows only. I also have the original Windows disk sets, but my Macbook does not have a CD drive.

Will there be a digital OSX port?

I used to play Riven as a child and it has always held a special place in my heart... Myst has had a few digital re-releases, but I have yet to see a reliable port of Riven...

PLEASE release! I will pay in my own blood! (or currency if you prefer)

*** EDIT Also ANDROID! Any possibility of a port?
ebag10

Re: Riven for OSX

Postby Ainia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi ebag10,

There is an iOS version of Riven available for purchase in iTunes. If you meant a Mac OSX desktop version of Riven (this is the iOS section so the context of your question was a little confusing), you can try Riven X. It requires you to download the content of the Riven CDs/DVD to your hard drive (something you'd need to get help with and perhaps uploaded into a cloud account so you could then download it; or a thumb drive if your laptop has a USB port). Development on the Riven X port has ceased since the Starry Expanse team has been tackling realRiven, but it worked well enough for me back when I tried it a few years ago.
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Re: Riven for OSX

Postby korovev » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:20 am

There’s an already compiled version of RivenX at CNet (you’ll still need to provide the datafiles).

Alternatively, you can use ScummVM.
KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.
korovev
Obduction Backer

Return to iRiven (iOS)