Bug chucker ad removal

For installation issues, account problems, problems entering the game, etc.

Bug chucker ad removal

Postby Twitch » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:57 am

Attempting to remove the ads in Bug Chucker gives me the following error:

This app uses a billing version that is no longer supported. Check the Google Play Store for app updates which may resolve this issue.

The silly thing is that there aren't actually any ads, just the eternal box telling me that I need to remove the ads :roll:
Twitch

Re: Bug chucker ad removal

Postby Jamie Marchant » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:13 am

It sound like your talking about the feature where you can pay for a copy of the game to remove the ads. Better make a support ticket to Cyan. Though I've noticed you need a internet connection to get the ads or else you only get the add that says 'click here to remove the ads'.
Jamie Marchant

Postby Twitch » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:24 pm

I do have an internet connection, the app doesn't show me any ads no matter what I do. No doubt Cyan's contract with their ad provider has since expired, but it's terrifically annoying to have that window clutter up to screen for no purpose since there's never even an ad in it.
Twitch

Postby Chogon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 am

This is only on the Android version of BugChucker. The ad provider that we were using turned off their server and went out of business <sigh>, which left BugChucker with only the one internal ad that was the ad to remove ads. :lol:
And then Google changed the way that in-app purchases are done, so now you can't remove the one ad to remove the ads :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhow. BugChucker is in the queue to be updated... but it is *very* far back in the queue. So, it may be a while.

Thanks,
Chogon
Chogon
Site Admin

Postby Twitch » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Good to know. Thanks, Chogon
Twitch

Postby Jamie Marchant » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:02 am

Cool so we can play Bug Chucker almost add free! :). I have had a lot of software glitch up due to web services changing or disappearing it's allays a pain and some cases requires patching or 'hacking' of software to get it too work.
Jamie Marchant

Return to Technical Discussion