Restoring MOULa registering routine

General discussion about Cyan products / the company.

Restoring MOULa registering routine

Postby cpt-jericho » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:43 pm

It's been quite a while since we have encountered new players coming to the cavern. I wonder if the DRC is aware of it. Their site also seems to have gone to limbo, too. Anyway, it would be nice if us, who's left in the cavern (and that's rather few these days), could get an update on how things are doing on the surface? Will the doors that lead down to us be opened again? Does the ferryman demand for more fare? Are we on our last stand?
This question has been asked before numberous times. While the end has not been written, yet, have we been written of? It feels like it more often theses days.
Equal amongst others in the Guild of Sleepers
cpt-jericho

Re: Restoring MOULa registering routine

Postby gimlet » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:25 am

I rarely go to the online caverns any more, but instead every so often do the offline version that is populated with user ages via Drizzle. Since the online population is so low, there is really no difference, and so one does not need to worry about the internet link. With nothing that absolutely requires 2 or more people in the cavern, and other social media sites available, there seems little point.
- gimlet (since 2006)
gimlet
Obduction Backer

Postby wstrohm » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:38 pm

I was finally able to open MOUL after many failed attempts due to "authorization failed" errors. But my avatar now has no body, only shoes and a shadow! I can move around normally, but in Tokotah Alley the people there are invisible to me, as is my own avatar. However they can see me, apparently. I noted the "CavCon" is at 2.3, which is pretty low. The Wardrobe also shows only shoes... I have played with the controls, but nothing seems to help. I re-downloaded the client software using Crossover's "Tie" app, but the same problem pertains.
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby korovev » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:46 am

Something like the image below? I used to have that on an older Mac with an unsupported graphic card.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
KI #46116 Image Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies
korovev
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:53 am

Certainly looks like a graphics card/driver issue, not loading textures correctly. A similar thing used to happen at times with Magiquest Online. It might even be that your wrapper is mis-reporting the capabilities of your graphics card to the game. - I wouldn't be sure how that "abstraction" gets handled.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Return to General Discussion