Cyan Q&A at Mysterium

General discussion about Cyan products / the company.

Cyan Q&A at Mysterium

Postby taniith » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 am

Do you have a burning question for Cyan? Now's your chance to get an answer, because they'll be doing a live streamed Q&A at Mysterium this year. Check out the details here: http://www.mysterium.net/2017/07/cyan-qa/

Also, note that it's not too late to register for Mysterium! :mrgreen:
Chairman - Falling Man Group
Volunteer - Mysterium Committee
taniith
Obduction Backer

Re: Cyan Q&A at Mysterium

Postby Jamie Marchant » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Although I filled in a couple of questions, the paragraph says, I am too late, oh well.
Jamie Marchant

Postby matthornb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:15 am

I managed to catch a bit of the interview. The news that 'something may be happening soon' regarding Myst III and IV on digital distribution services, that was interesting but the new project that some of the Cyan staffers are working on post Obduction is really intriguing and a massive unknown - they are actively ramping up work on a new IP and it is one they can't tell us much of anything about prior to release because it would spoil the novelty of the game's story/design/something.

They seem fairly burned out on the Myst IP still, and it has generally not been a sucessful franchise in recent years anyway from a business standpoint, and Obduction was only a modest success so they seem to prefer a new game idea to the concept of an Obduction sequel. The question is, what is this new idea and why are they hesitant to show anything from it? Is there something really cool and imaginative here in terms of puzzle mechanics that they are trying to be the first studio to do? Or is there some other reason for the secrecy?
Matthew L. Hornbostel, creator of Panoramic Worlds,
a Myst fansite, and
various other stuff.
matthornb

Postby belford » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:32 am

Twitch has entirely failed to stream me the video (sigh) (dies after just a few seconds of black). I look forward to everything making its way to Youtube...
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:16 am

I watched most of the stream live, and then watched the bits I had missed on the twitch video, which worked fine for me:

yes, so exciting to be told that Blake and Joe - and presumably Eric and others - are working on a new, secret project! (We were also told elsewhere during Mysterium that the guy making the documentary video is being allowed in on secret stuff.)

taniith posed the questions and did an excellent job. He told us that Rium+ had submitted a huge number of questions. The ones read out were entertaining riffs on the longevity of the D'ni (no spoilers!). Does anyone know whether the full list of Rium+'s Qs is available anywhere, as I'd like to see the Qs that taniith didn't choose!
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby taniith » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Sorry folks, we've been a bit delayed getting the videos edited and uploaded (volunteers and all that).

Here's a link to the Cyan Q&A, which will eventually be updated with a description and such: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFTZ4jJDHtw

Also, if you *reeeally* want to see all of Rium's questions, here they are in all their unformatted glory :D - https://pastebin.com/XztRkSVs
taniith
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:54 am

Thank you, taniith :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby area51 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:24 am

Acorn1 wrote:Thank you, taniith :mrgreen:
Ditto! *thumbsup* :)
Image Image PolyStudio.shop, my Wife's Polymer Clay online Shop - Grover, MAhmtee Bevin : KI #123057
area51
Obduction Backer

Postby taniith » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:19 pm

And now you can watch the rest of the Mysterium videos on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... VoHH3EQ6Mw
taniith
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 am

Excellent, thank you.
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 pm

I transcribed the most interesting (to me!) answers from the session and posted them:

http://blog.zarfhome.com/2017/09/late-m ... undup.html
belford
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion