The Grand Prize Draw!

General discussion about Cyan products / the company.

The Grand Prize Draw!

Postby Terokh Jeruth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:57 am

Here it is at long last, The Grand Prize Draw, what you've all been waiting for!

And the winner is....... drum roll...............

~~~~~~~~~~~CAROLYN!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~

[Reveal] Spoiler:
ImageImage

I also have a number or runner-up prizes to give to those who solved puzzles but didn't win bookmarks. I'll be posting the winners of these in the next few days so stay tuned.

It's been a blast running this competition and I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Oh and once someone wins the 10th Age bookmark I have an interesting tidbit to share with everyone. I don't want to reveal it until the spoiler post is written up as it's kind of part of the puzzle. It's something that's been known about since before Riven was released but that everyone has gotten wrong/been mistaken about up until now. It's not earth shatteringly exciting, but it's always cool to discover something new. ;)

And one last thing just for fun :)

http://postimg.org/image/nnykm6fhb/
Terokh Jeruth

Re: The Grand Prize Draw!

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:42 am

:!:
...Wow. I didn't actually think I'd win. Thank you for everything, Terokh Jeruth! Thank you for the competition and the mystifying puzzles thereof.

I'll also quote my post in the 10th Age topic:
Carolyn wrote:An excellent finish to an outstanding series of puzzles. Well done and thank you, numinous/Terokh Jeruth!

Now to figure out what the password is to extract from that image. Assuming that it is actually steganography.
MO:ULagain KI: #00042189 (unused) • #01521023
The cavern is Image, Minkata is Image
@rivenimagebot@CavernCondition@Watcher_ebooks
Carolyn

Postby Christian Walther » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:26 am

Congratulations, Carolyn!

But now I’m confused. What did Carolyn actually win? From the rules post, I was under the impression that there were many grand prizes (that would presumably be raffled individually among the entrants), not just one. Do they all together form one package? Or is one of them the grand prize and the others the runner-up prizes?

And of course I will join in in thanking you for all the fun, Terokh Jeruth / numinous! You clearly put an astounding amount of work into this. I also enjoyed the email conversations about the puzzles!
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby Buzzle1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Congratulations Carolyn!!!
My thanks as well to numinous for everything!!!
KI# 00223556
Buzzle1
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:58 pm

RNG never did like me, lol. Grats, Carolyn! You deserve it
Twitch

Postby Terokh Jeruth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Thank you to everyone that participated. It was great fun fielding questions and watching people bash their heads against the wall.... Ahhh..... I mean figure out my puzzles. I'm glad you all enjoyed them, they were fun to make and fun to curate.

@Christian - I hope the initial prizes post wasn't misleading. I always intended to only have one Grand Prize package. The reason I'm able to give everyone a prize is because I have five of the Riven Animal totem bracelets that were made by Addison (sewn-in-stories.tumblr.com) and four of the pendants that Pirkleations made (pirkleations.deviantart.com/). I should also have a bunch of notebooks and tokens that Eleri from the Unwritten rpg book is sending me that I can distribute amongst the prize winners but I don't know how many I'll have just yet. Also if anyone wants one of the dog tags maybe I can get some made up.

And re: the bonus image, just think of it as a little stinger like at the end of a movie. It's just a tease for what I might be planning if there's a "next time". Nothing major :-)
Terokh Jeruth

Postby Twitch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Are the other prizes available to everyone, or just those that didnt win a bookmark?
Twitch

Postby Terokh Jeruth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 pm

I want everyone to get something, so the pendants and bracelets fulfill that purpose nicely. If there's anything left over (which I think there will be) then I'll probably do a raffle then. Was there something in particular you had your eye on Twitch?
Terokh Jeruth

Postby Twitch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 pm

The window and the eye pendant were the two things I wanted the most. Everything else is still awesome, and I would treasure anything I could get my hands on.
Twitch

Postby Renzey » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Aw man. RNG never did like me either, but congrats Carolyn! Good fun was had by all.
Renzey

Postby Tai'lahr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Congratulations, Carolyn and to everyone who solved the puzzles! I didn't participate, but have been following the contest. Some of the puzzles looked pretty difficult or at least time intensive, so everyone who gave it a shot has my admiration. You're all good Myst fans. :geek: And, thank you, Terokh Jeruth for creating this elaborate event. 8-)
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Terokh Jeruth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:41 pm

It was my pleasure Tai'lahr. Glad you at least enjoyed looking in. :-)
Terokh Jeruth

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:00 am

Terokh Jeruth wrote:@Christian - I hope the initial prizes post wasn't misleading. I always intended to only have one Grand Prize package.

To give you a nitpicky critique like I did for the puzzles (sorry, can’t stop :P): Not specifically misleading, rather not leading at all – it was never clearly stated how many winners would be drawn in the Grand Prize Draw, so I unconsciously filled in the blanks with the assumption that seemed most natural to me. Scrutinizing the wording now, one could have guessed it from the difference in numbers between the summary and the detail listing (“A Riven Icon bracelet” vs. “five bracelets”). On the other hand, “Prizes include:” is clearly plural, I would have expected “The prize includes:” in the other case.
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby talldarkmystere » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:25 am

RNG never liked me much either. Hence why I rarely play the lottery lol

Please be sure to post pictures when you receive your prizes!

Speaking of which, I believe that I owe you an Obduction download.

Please PM me your e-mail address so I can add it to my list of recipients. I will send you your code when they are available.

Congrats!
MO:UL - SirDerpsalot
KI #107622

I see the mountain ahead, but I am not worried; I have a spoon.
talldarkmystere
Obduction Backer

Postby Ian Atrus » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:52 pm

And yeah, from the wording in the original post I too thought that the Grand Prize would have multiple tiers/winners, since some of the items were multiple. Not a biggie, but if there's a next time, maybe make it clearer?
Atrus aka Nahvah aka Ian Pertwee aka too many darn names :D
KI# 52953
Ian Atrus
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to General Discussion