Rand and Robyn talk at Kill Screen Fest 2016

General discussion about Cyan products / the company.

Rand and Robyn talk at Kill Screen Fest 2016

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:38 pm

Martine Paris, Cyan's Head of PR, has posted two vids of Rand and Robyn talking at Kill Screen Fest the other day. She shared the vids, made by a fan called [name removed], on her Facebook wall, but not everyone follows Facebook. Hopefully you can still watch even if you're not a Facebook member?

[links removed]

Thanks to [name removed] and to Martine. Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Hannah on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Re: Rand and Robyn talk at Kill Screen Fest 2016

Postby azel » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 pm

I enjoyed watching it. I had trouble understanding much of what was being said, but it was still fun to watch. I can never get enough of Rand and Robyn talking about the creation of MYST and RIVEN.
azel

Postby Jamie Marchant » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Looks like the links where redacted. Martine Paris could you please post a link? Please let us know if this is not possible.(i.e, some sort of legal issue)
Jamie Marchant

Postby Acorn1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:11 pm

Jamie, I was told that I couldn't post the links, but they are up on Facebook and if you search for Kill Screen Fest on Facebook you should find them for yourself. ;)
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:49 am

Ah, I see how it is. First, Cyan ignores the exclusive Obduction Backers forum section and now they want to herd us all over to Facebook because that's more convenient for them, I guess. :x
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Hannah » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:09 am

Tai'lahr wrote:Ah, I see how it is. First, Cyan ignores the exclusive Obduction Backers forum section and now they want to herd us all over to Facebook because that's more convenient for them, I guess. :x

Hi Tai'lahr,

According to the forum rules:

-Posting personal information - Don't post personal information (address, phone number, etc.) in the forums, even if the information is available elsewhere on the internet.

Because of this, it is actually against our forum rules to post links to someone's personal Facebook page -- even if their page has a video from the Killscreen event -- considering that it shows their real name and potentially other personal information. Of course it isn't convenient for us to "herd" anyone over to Facebook from here for a video that we did not post ourselves, but those rules are in place to protect people's personal information.

Thanks for understanding.
Hannah
Hannah
Site Admin

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:36 am

I'm sorry for causing the problem in the first place, Hannah :oops: - afraid I wasn't aware of this forum rule when I first posted the links, and I'm very grateful to you for cleaning up the post so quickly, once it was pointed out to me.

Thanks too for explaining the rule here.

If people are able to access Facebook and can search for the Kill Screen Fest they will find two videos showing quite a lot - but not all - of the session involving Rand and Robyn. :mrgreen:
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:16 am

The video is hard to search for.(or at least for me.)

If the video is publically available, could we post the URL of the video? For YouTube you can usually(when allowed) copy the URL by left clicking and clicking 'copy video URL'.

Another choice would be if Acron could kindly please ask the person who posted the video to post a link to the video here.(asking for they name may be another privacy issue).

If not it's not a 'big deal'(at least for me), as they will be other Rand interviews.

(I've assumed this whole time the video was authorized by Kill Screen, which an entirely different issue)
Jamie Marchant

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:55 am

Jamie, I did originally post a link to the videos as you suggest, but I was told that this linked to the Facebook owner's Facebook page and so it needed to be removed.

A post was made on the owner's Facebook page asking whether this could be shared but he didn't reply.

I was able to find my way to the videos very easily by just searching for "Kill Screen Fest" within the Facebook search box. It wasn't the first thing that came up but it was pretty near the top.
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 am

Oh yes it is possible to find it this way, you must scroll down a fair bit to find it. Look for 2 men in white chairs on the left and one man in a white chair on the right. They have used Facebook video so you can't separate the video from the private Facebook account :(. This also means if you don't have Facebook you may not be able to see the video.
Jamie Marchant

Return to General Discussion