Updated Real Myst?

General discussion about realMyst.

Updated Real Myst?

Postby ljbade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:28 pm

During the Obduction kickstarter it was mentioned that there will be an updated Real Myst coming soon?

Where can we find out the details like what has been added etc.? I would also like to know the minimum specs to see if my laptop can run it.
My KI on the official server is 23543696 - feel free to add me
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Re: Updated Real Myst?

Postby LuigiHann » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 pm

They posted a few screenshots on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 363&type=3

I don't think they've revealed much in terms of technical details
LuigiHann
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks it looks awesome.

Judging by the screenshots I think my laptop should be able to handle it.

Do you reckon they have added more puzzles/secrets? I last played the Myst Masterpiece back in the early 2000s.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:03 pm

ljbade wrote:I last played the Myst Masterpiece back in the early 2000s.

Hey ljbade,

If your question means that you've *never* played realMyst, then yes, you will find new puzzles, etc. It's anyone's guess if this upgraded realMyst will have any exclusive new content/puzzles.
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:00 am

Here’s what RAWA has to say about it (from yesterday’s Q&A chatlog):
Chloe Rhodes: RAWA, will realMyst masterpeice have additional content. Like realMyst added Rime. will the masterpiece edition add something as well?
RAWA: Chloe - no, there isn't an extra Age, but there might be a few surprises.

Mario: @RAWA will there be a new age to explore in realMyst HD?
RAWA: mario - no, but there may be a few other smaller surprises.

Note that as Ainia hints at, “no new age” is presumably in comparison to the original realMyst, not to Myst / Myst Masterpiece.
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 am

Sweet sounds exciting, can't wait.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby sammoniac » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi everyone! Glad to now be part of this community ;)

I really really hope that this update will have true 16:9 widescreen support (not just stretched 4:3) and surround sound, if possible. It would GREATLY enhance the experience (especially the widescreen support). I'm really happy to know that Cyan is still working on such a masterpiece! I plan on experiencing the series in chronological order now, so I ordered the three books and the Black Ships comic. Hopefully realMyst Masterpiece Edition comes out when I'm done reading the Book of Ti'ana, the Book of Atrus and the Book of Black Ships! :D
sammoniac

Postby Vector Cramp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:09 am

sammoniac wrote: plan on experiencing the series in chronological order now, so I ordered the three books and the Black Ships comic. Hopefully realMyst Masterpiece Edition comes out when I'm done reading the Book of Ti'ana, the Book of Atrus and the Book of Black Ships! :D

Welcome to the forums!

I would personally advise not reading the comic (The Black Ships) as it takes away from the story rather then adds. Its quality is poor and contradicts established lore, not to mention switches the personality between two important characters. Cyan cancelled the series after the first issue because it was so bad and it has generally been regarded as non-canon.

If you do read it, you should probably wait until after you've played Myst as a few things would make better sense.
Vector E. Cramp:

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions
Vector Cramp
Obduction Backer

Postby sammoniac » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Vector Cramp wrote:I would personally advise not reading the comic (The Black Ships) as it takes away from the story rather then adds. Its quality is poor and contradicts established lore, not to mention switches the personality between two important characters. Cyan cancelled the series after the first issue because it was so bad and it has generally been regarded as non-canon.

If you do read it, you should probably wait until after you've played Myst as a few things would make better sense.

Oh... thanks a lot for the info! I knew about the reason of the cancellation and the mistakes in the comic, but I didn't know that they also messed up the lore. I was just curious about it so I bought it anyway. Also, I've done Myst a couple of times before, as well as realMyst, Riven, and almost all of Exile, so reading the books won't really spoil anything for me.
sammoniac

Postby Baladria » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Vector Cramp wrote:Cyan cancelled the series after the first issue because it was so bad and it has generally been regarded as non-canon.

HA! I didn't know this! That's pretty funny!
MOULa KI: 00212408 (feel free to add me)
Read my ramblings: http://baladriaonmyst.blogspot.com/
Baladria
Obduction Backer

Postby Shorahmin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Ok my usual dumb question. Do we have any clues on when it will be available? I want it now! LOL
Play nice Shorahmin, play nice...
Shorahmin
Obduction Backer

Postby numinous » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Rand mentioned that it "may" be ready by Christmas but that that's probably best case scenario. I'd say more likely early next year. Either way it sounds close.
DeviantArt page with my Myst replicas http://numinous80.deviantart.com/
Check out my Riven website "Riven Illuminated" at http://mystarchive.com/rivenil/
numinous
Obduction Backer

Postby Vector Cramp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:30 pm

numinous wrote:Rand mentioned that it "may" be ready by Christmas but that that's probably best case scenario. I'd say more likely early next year. Either way it sounds close.

Actually RAWA confirmed that it would be out by Christmas, so I'd say any day now.
Vector E. Cramp:

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions
Vector Cramp
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I imagine it must be more or less done. Perhaps they have some last minute bugs they are trying to chase down. I imagine they are quite busy working on getting it out.

I wonder if it will have any hidden Obdcution easter eggs/references hidden away in it...
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby Luin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 pm

I am so excited for this. :D I already have some family and friends I plan on gifting it to, even if it's after the gift-giving season. :]
Luin
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to General Discussion