Updated Real Myst?

General discussion about realMyst.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

Postby Eat_My_Shortz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Those screenshots are amazing!

Vector Cramp wrote:The only thing that concerns me is that comparing the image of Myst to the one released in September, it looks like there has been no graphical improvement. I hope this isn't the same for Mechanical which looked very unfinished back in September.

Yeah. But I suspect that the Mech age screenshot that they released in September was much older than the Myst and Channelwood shots that were released at the same time. The lighting and water are completely awful in the Mech shot. The modelling and textures are OK. The lighting and water would be using the same technology throughout the game, so I would imagine Mech is looking much nicer now.
Eat_My_Shortz
Obduction Backer

Postby JWPlatt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Eat_My_Shortz wrote:JWPlatt: I think they'll update the website when the game is actually released. Not really much point in saying "it's coming ... soon" when it isn't out yet.

Eat my shortz, indeed! :P

Garywolf wrote:Just seen the new batch of screen shots on the product page and It looks beautiful. I am very much looking forward to revisiting after all these years :)

http://cyan.com/games/realmyst-masterpiece-edition/

And the home page:
http://cyan.com/

THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

:)
JWPlatt
Creative Kingdoms

Postby T-Squared » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:40 pm

The only thing that bothers me is that I can still see some things that detract from the experience a bit:

For example:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
  • In the pictures for Selenitic and Sirrus' Bedroom in Channelwood, I can still see the polygonal corners of the microphone chassis and the lantern support.
  • In the picture for Stoneship, the textures close to the camera feel very off and kind of stretched.
  • The fact that I can recognize the original repeating texture from RealMyst on the Channelwood elevator kind of puts me a bit off also...
...then it crapped the bed and stackdumped.

The Time-Traveling Stranger.
T-Squared

Postby mystman12 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Is there any chance it will be released today? I'm getting pretty impatient. Does anyone know how long it usually takes Valve to release a game after they get it and approve it?

Edit: Uh, does anyone know why it isn't in the "Coming Soon" section on Steam?
mystman12

Previous

Return to General Discussion