RealMyst Masterpiece goes gold!!!

General discussion about realMyst.

RealMyst Masterpiece goes gold!!!

Postby Vormaen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 am

Did anyone else get this notice on their facebook? I can't wait, I can't wait! No, really, I cannot wait, CYAN hurry the frell up, I'm dancing in my pants!!
"One owes respect to the living. To the dead, one owes only the truth." -Voltaire

"Live together, die alone." - Jack Sheppard, LOST
KI# 00265224
Humble member of the Unbound Hearts of D'ni

http://vormaen.deviantart.com/
For scraps by me.
Vormaen

Re: RealMyst Masterpiece goes gold!!!

Postby matthornb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:36 am

Exciting. :D

I know that for boxed games there's traditionally a delay of around 30 days between 'going gold' and actually ending up on store shelves, but since this is a digital release and no mass production of boxes and discs is required, it should hopefully go much, much faster.

Any time now, really.
Matthew L. Hornbostel, creator of Panoramic Worlds,
a Myst fansite, and
various other stuff.
matthornb

Postby Eat_My_Shortz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Yeah, now I'm not sure how long "very soon" is; it's been over 24 hours. I was hoping it meant "within 24 hours". Hopefully we'll get it today or tomorrow!
Eat_My_Shortz
Obduction Backer

Postby Vormaen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:28 pm

The anticipation is killing me, credit card standing by. Cyan, quit torturing us!!!
"One owes respect to the living. To the dead, one owes only the truth." -Voltaire

"Live together, die alone." - Jack Sheppard, LOST
KI# 00265224
Humble member of the Unbound Hearts of D'ni

http://vormaen.deviantart.com/
For scraps by me.
Vormaen

Postby mystman12 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:13 pm

I just wish we had a release date. It's killing me knowing that it could come out at anytime, but it still isn't out. If there was a release date then I wouldn't be so frustrated when I check Steam and see that it's still not out.
mystman12

Postby belford » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Alternatively, if Cyan had kept quiet about "going gold" a week and a half ago, you'd be much less stressed. :)

Seriously: this is why developers are so often silent until ship day.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Baladria » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 am

Yeah, I am of the mind that it will get here when it gets here and not a moment sooner. We already knew it was coming soon for a while now so. Between this and Obduction I find it a little disappointing that people are already getting impatient. It's been only a few months since we got the news.
MOULa KI: 00212408 (feel free to add me)
Read my ramblings: http://baladriaonmyst.blogspot.com/
Baladria
Obduction Backer

Postby ArkhamNative » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm

For rMM's release, it seems like fan excitement (a very good thing) and differing expectations from the phrase "very soon" (a very common thing). Without knowing anything about software approval/certification (assuming Steam has such a process), it seems reasonable that "very soon" could be interpreted as within a few days, rather than a few weeks.

As for Obduction, work on setting up its forums started early December and they were to be opened soon thereafter. Two months later, people are curious and asking politely for an update. I wouldn't consider either of these unreasonable or disappointing.
ArkhamNative
Obduction Backer

Postby mystman12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Yeah, I'm trying my best to be patient. I know Cyan doesn't have any control over it at this point, and I'm just really excited for this game! Like Arkham said, when Cyan said "very soon" I was expecting the game to come out within the next week at the longest, so I guess it is kind of my fault for getting my hopes too high.
mystman12

Postby Tomala » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:46 pm

mystman12 wrote:Like Arkham said, when Cyan said "very soon" I was expecting the game to come out within the next week at the longest, so I guess it is kind of my fault for getting my hopes too high.

"Very soon" and "Coming Soon" are commonly used these days with most game projects just to keep fans on their toes. This has happened for quite a few games (among other projects). I don't think Cyan has used this term before so, if you only play Cyan's games it can be easy to be thrown off track by saying "coming soon".
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby mystman12 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:47 pm

The font on the main page changed again. I'm kind of wondering... Could there be some sort of puzzle to solve that would give us the release date? Probably not, but the thought crossed my mind...
mystman12

Postby Rehvaro » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:16 am

It seems... the Mac version is out ?
https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/realmys ... 6519?mt=12

Maybe a steam/gog/other version today ?
Rehvaro
Obduction Backer

Postby Vector Cramp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 am

Rehvaro wrote:It seems... the Mac version is out ?
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/realmys ... 6519?mt=12

Maybe a steam/gog/other version today ?

:O *gasp!*
Vector E. Cramp:

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions
Vector Cramp
Obduction Backer

Postby ArkhamNative » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:33 am

zOoMG! (Confirmed in US Mac App Store. Downloading, US$18, 1.6GB, fwiw.)
Some have said things usually appear on Steam store at 10am PST, so maybe it's just in the queue. Then again, MAS has been very quick recently with the approvals. I expect the Steam version to be multi-platform (one purchase gets both, though single-user of course).
ArkhamNative
Obduction Backer

Postby mystman12 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 am

Uh, wow, the minimum system requirements are 4 GB ram an a 2.4 GHz processor! I have 6 GB of RAM, so I'm good there, but I only have an AMD-A4 that runs at 1.50 GHz! I think it's a quad core, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I think it might also be able to go a little higher than 1.50 GHz if it needs to. Anyways, what I want to ask is if you think the game will run on my computer. I'm running windows, so would the windows version have different system requirements?

Edit: Oh, btw, there's an updated Mechanical Age screenshot on the App Store page! It looks much better than the first one Cyan showed us!
mystman12

Next

Return to General Discussion