Great game

General discussion about realMyst.

Re: Great game

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 am

For the people with f/b allergies - Cyan posted a clarification just now:

The update last night was a little confusing and there were several questions asked. So, here are some answers.

“Will people who already own realMyst have to buy this one as well?”

-Yes. The “realMyst Update” heading was confusing, but the update was for a new title, realMyst Masterpiece Edition, not the original. Owners of the original realMyst on Steam will be given a discount for realMyst Masterpiece Edition when it releases on Steam.

“Which version of realMyst is this for?”

-This is realMyst: Masterpiece Edition for Windows and Mac.

“So do the views in classic controls work like Myst as single stills? Or are they like Exile with panoramic views?” “I wonder if there will be controller support for the 3D controls mode?”

-The classic controls replicate Myst’s original controls. While we currently don’t support the use of controllers outside of mice and keyboards, but we are looking into implementing gamepad support and other peripherals.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby T-Squared » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:24 am

What I hope they will do is bring back design concepts from the original game and mix them in with the new ideas. (I know I said this before, but it's a little relevant to this conversation.)

http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtop ... 931#p60931

I had a few ideas on how to improve realMyst back in Dec 2012, but a lot of them have already been taken care of from what I've seen in the sneak peeks of realMyst: Masterpiece Edition! (THANK YOU, CYAN!) There are a few other complaints I have, though.

(BTW, the font mentioned in the GoW thread that I wanted replaced in the powerhouse is the one for the power dials. I liked the original 7-segment light displays they had in the original Myst.)

Oh, and I have an idea for
[Reveal] Spoiler:
an easter egg in the rocketship! There's enough of an octave spread on the music sliders that the hail from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" can be played! I tried playing it in the original realMyst, hoping to find an easter egg, but no such luck.
...then it crapped the bed and stackdumped.

The Time-Traveling Stranger.
T-Squared

Postby Rudolfson » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:46 am

If I could make a request for the masterpiece game, it would be that the give away clues for rime are removed. Let those who never played realMYST have a go at getting to the rime book without underlined pointers in opened books please. I remember feeling a bit robbed. After all I bought the game for mac only by the promise of another puzzle to solve. Not because it was pretty ;)
--- in our hearts our dreams are still the same ---
Rudolfson

Postby bennett4624 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Erik wrote:The current edition of RealMyst for PC is very similar to the iOS version. I think I would prefer the iOS version because navigation feels more natural by using fingers. There is hardly any difference in the graphics.

However, currently, a remake of RealMyst for PC is in the works! So when that version will be out, it will be a big difference.

Cyan posted some sneak peeks at their Facebook page.
For example: picture of Myst Island

a remake with all updated graphics and engine would be great along with some other added things that didnt take the final release of the original
bennett4624

Previous

Return to General Discussion