RealMyst: Masterpiece edition. Not in January...

General discussion about realMyst.

RealMyst: Masterpiece edition. Not in January...

Postby Luigiben » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:16 pm

:cry: Oh well, we all hoped it would come out in jan, but now we can only hope for february. But its not Cyan's fault, its steam and apple's fault. What was supposed to be a 20th anniversary remake is now a 21st remake.But I'm not too sad and I know it WILL come out one day or another... What it your favorite new feature in RMME? Mine is the new water and flashlight! I remember being stuck in the cabin of the stoneship age ship FOREVER on the iPad version. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Luigiben on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuigiBen -- a fan news reporter!
Luigiben

Re: RealMyst: Masterpiece edition. Not in January...

Postby Eat_My_Shortz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:14 pm

The flashlight thing is weird. I can't think of anywhere in Myst that is too dark to see, other than parts of Stoneship that are supposed to be dark until you figure out how to turn the lights on. It seems like having a flashlight makes the "need to turn the lights on" puzzles seem kind of silly*.

*Minor spoiler: Depends how you interpret the book at the end of Stoneship. I've never really understood what is up with that table/book thing. It makes no sense that a book can morph out of a table (except it was a fun 3D effect back in 1993), nor does it make sense that the light needs to be on to activate the table. If you consider that Atrus wired it up so that the lamp switch also activates the table, then it makes sense why you need to do that despite having a flashlight. But if it's just about it being too dark for the player to see the table until you get the light on, then having a flashlight ruins that puzzle.
Eat_My_Shortz
Obduction Backer

Postby Tomala » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Luigiben wrote::cry: Oh well, we all hoped it would come out in jan, but now we can only hope for february. But its not Cyan's fault, its steam and apple's fault. What was supposed to be a 20th anniversary remake is now a 21st remake.But I'm not too sad and I know it WILL come out one day or another... What it your favorite new feature in RRME? Mine is the new water and flashlight! I remember being stuck in the cabin of the stoneship age ship FOREVER on the iPad version.

Uhhhh. Not saying that it's Cyan's fault... but how is this apple and steam's fault?
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby mystman12 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Apple and Steam have the game, now we're just waiting for them to release it.
mystman12

Postby Tomala » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

mystman12 wrote:Apple and Steam have the game, now we're just waiting for them to release it.

Ahhhh gotchya.

Good thing I have a lot to preoccupy myself with.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby Luigiben » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Eat_My_Shortz wrote:The flashlight thing is weird. I can't think of anywhere in Myst that is too dark to see, other than parts of Stoneship that are supposed to be dark until you figure out how to turn the lights on. It seems like having a flashlight makes the "need to turn the lights on" puzzles seem kind of silly*.

*Minor spoiler: Depends how you interpret the book at the end of Stoneship. I've never really understood what is up with that table/book thing. It makes no sense that a book can morph out of a table (except it was a fun 3D effect back in 1993), nor does it make sense that the light needs to be on to activate the table. If you consider that Atrus wired it up so that the lamp switch also activates the table, then it makes sense why you need to do that despite having a flashlight. But if it's just about it being too dark for the player to see the table until you get the light on, then having a flashlight ruins that puzzle.

But even though it is a puzzle it is silly having to try to find the lights for hours. I couldn't even get out of the cabin until like 30 mins. I don't even think there is anything important in there anyway(excuse me if I'm wrong). I'm not talking about the room at the end of the age. I sort of forget where it is but I also remember it being tnt the boat's cabin
LuigiBen -- a fan news reporter!
Luigiben

Postby belford » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:27 am

Who says?
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Rehvaro » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:12 am

belford wrote:

Who says?

I don't know, somebody said that ?
Because I don't think Steam takes weeks to release a game, didn't they ?
Rehvaro
Obduction Backer

Postby Eat_My_Shortz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Luigiben wrote:But even though it is a puzzle it is silly having to try to find the lights for hours. I couldn't even get out of the cabin until like 30 mins. I don't even think there is anything important in there anyway(excuse me if I'm wrong). I'm not talking about the room at the end of the age. I sort of forget where it is but I also remember it being tnt the boat's cabin

The end of the Age is in the boat's cabin. Maybe you got disoriented but the dark room you got lost in at the beginning got lit up when you turned on the submersible lamp, and then you went back there and got the Myst book.

Yeah maybe the flashlight would have helped you there. In the PC realMyst, it's not too dark in there that you can't find your way out. There is still a bit of ambient lighting.
Eat_My_Shortz
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion