realMyst: Masterpiece Edition now on Steam!

General discussion about realMyst.

Re: realMyst: Masterpiece Edition now on Steam!

Postby Jamie Marchant » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Just 'beat' the game earler this evening., It was good. Would I recommend it? If you never played Myst or RealMyst before then yes. If you have, then I would say take a look at the graphics and ask if there worth the price. Keep in mind you get like a 33ish% discount if you already bought RealMyst on Steam. My biggest complaint would be the FMV cutseans which look out of pace in the very CG game.
Jamie Marchant

Postby Lord Tulla » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:29 am

As an established MRD game fan/player/enthusiast I just got this game from Steam (a new experience for me :| )

First, I am disappointed that I need to use Steam's service to play a game I've purchased. I would have preferred a DVD copy, or D/L that I could use without an internet connection and Steam's resource overhead.

While the new graphics are beautiful, I'm finding the roaming mode a bit odd to use as it seems that my player's position is a bit difficult to control - perhaps it's just me. I also would have liked to have some forward/backward control using the mouse wheel.

I also sense that my player's view prospective is a bit close to things, but I'm still testing the waters on that...

I've not had any of the video problems noted earlier in this topic. Perhaps it's because of the recent program update that was made at the end of last month.
Cyberpower Zeus Mini II; MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC MB; Intel i5-6600K;16GB; GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB; 16GB DDR4
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby Ehren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Lord Tulla wrote:First, I am disappointed that I need to use Steam's service to play a game I've purchased. I would have preferred a DVD copy, or D/L that I could use without an internet connection and Steam's resource overhead.

You already have a download that you can use without Steam, they just don't make that obvious... Just don't use the shortcut that Steam makes on the desktop. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\realMyst Masterpiece Edition\realMyst.exe" and make a new shortcut that goes directly to realMyst.exe.
[ID:00052872]
Ehren
Obduction Backer

Postby Lord Tulla » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Ehren wrote:You already have a download that you can use without Steam, they just don't make that obvious... Just don't use the shortcut that Steam makes on the desktop. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\realMyst Masterpiece Edition\realMyst.exe" and make a new shortcut that goes directly to realMyst.exe.
THANK YOU!! I just set that up and saved about 30K in resources that I didn't need to waste. Not to mention that I'm not interested in all the "fluff" that Steam brings to the table - playing cards, sales pitches, etc.

I just want to play the new version of realMYST.

Are there any other Steam components that I can unload from my computer and still play the game? I'm getting really picky about nonessential files being loaded on my Hard Drive wasting space and perhaps "phoning home" :roll:
Cyberpower Zeus Mini II; MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC MB; Intel i5-6600K;16GB; GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB; 16GB DDR4
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby Neptin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:57 am

But this on Xbox :P I can dream, right?
: // we all have our #differentreasons.com
Neptin
Obduction Backer

Previous

Return to General Discussion