Open letter to Cyan: Languages

General discussion about realMyst.

Open letter to Cyan: Languages

Postby TCB The Scar » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 am

I just looked on Steam for this new edition of realMyst and it seems to be in English only, as it was for the first realMyst edition...

I've been able to play realMyst in French, with the help of a patch, but why haven't you builded it with many languages?
Why haven't you builded the Masterpiece Edition with many languages?
I know English is the "International language", but don't you know everybody doesn't speak English?

I'm a fan of the Myst saga from 12 years (I buyed all those games),
I don't play MO:UL(a) anymore but I give money to its Cavcon each month because I want to help it to still be,
I also gived lot of money for "Obduction".

"End of Ages" was the last Myst game, the saga is ending,
but I know you can make great games as I think "Obduction" will be, so I continu to follow you,
but if you still think about English speakers only, I will finish by leaving you...
For some maps to find the Minkata Kivas, take a look at this folder of my Cloud.
Also, feel free to use any idea from this folder for MO:UL (currently 2 ideas).
Image TheScar.fr
TCB The Scar
Obduction Backer

Re: Open letter to Cyan: Languages

Postby LuigiHann » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:09 am

The good news, at least, is that the Obduction kickstarter had a stretch goal for localization and it surpassed that, so at least that game will be translated.

The iOS version of the original Myst has a French version available, so the translation at least exists.
LuigiHann
Obduction Backer

Postby TCB The Scar » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

I play and work on Windows7 Edition Familiale Premium x64 SP1.
I have and use no i-machines (i-tunes, i-phones, i-OS etc...), and I'm not at all interrested by those i-machines.
For some maps to find the Minkata Kivas, take a look at this folder of my Cloud.
Image TheScar.fr
TCB The Scar
Obduction Backer

Postby Rehvaro » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:59 pm

TCB The Scar wrote:I play and work on Windows7 Edition Familiale Premium x64 SP1.
I have and use no i-machines (i-tunes, i-phones, i-OS etc...), and I'm not at all interrested by those i-machines.

I think he talk about iOS devices only to highlight the fact that a translation already exists ^^.

Now, I don't know how is build/compiled/structured realMystME, but maybe can the old realMyst patch be adapted and used again ?
Rehvaro
Obduction Backer

Postby TCB The Scar » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Rehvaro wrote:I think he talk about iOS devices only to highlight the fact that a translation already exists ^^.

Now, I don't know how is build/compiled/structured realMystME, but maybe can the old realMyst patch be adapted and used again ?

Yes, I understood LuigiHann talks about already existing translations, on iOS devices.

I also know a French translation of Myst exists, because I had the trilogy DVD-ROM (it don't work anymore, so I buyed again Riven, Exile, and realMyst), but as I said there's no other languages for realMyst and I don't understand why they maked a new version of the game without other languages as it was in Myst.
And now, another version of realMyst, but again without translations or subtitles.

20 years later, the graphics are better than they were in Myst, of course, but the pleasure to play it is worse because there are no translations ; it's so sad...
Image TheScar.fr
TCB The Scar
Obduction Backer

Postby LordAndy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:34 am

I wanted to ask the same question, what is the situation with localizations? There are localized versions of Myst and Myst Masterpiece Edition, I own both in German. (Along with all other Myst universe games.) What is the reason, that these aren't added to the realMyst release? Is the problem with copyright, because somebody else (a local label?) holds the rights for localized texts and audio? If it is just the missing source and not the copyright issue, I could easily provide you the original files from my German CDs.
MO:UL - Andrej
KI-# - 00294933
LordAndy
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion