Solution for better controls!

General discussion about realMyst.

Solution for better controls!

Postby sammoniac » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Tired of constantly holding down right-click to look around? Use AutoHotKey, and create a script like this (I copied it from another person that did something similar for another game) ;

Space::
alt := not alt
If (alt)
{
MouseClick Right, 217, 51, , , D
}
Else
{
MouseClick Right, 217, 51, , , U
}
Return

Now, all you will have to do is press Space to toggle between mouse look and interaction. Sure, you still see the cursor while looking around (if you are not walking of course). But hey, its better than nothing I guess!

If someone comes up with a better script, please share it with us.
sammoniac

Re: Solution for better controls!

Postby Jamie Marchant » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 am

Can I change it too "caps lock" instead?
Jamie Marchant

Postby sammoniac » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 am

Jamie Marchant wrote:Can I change it too "caps lock" instead?

Replacing 'Space' by 'Capslock' should work. Just copy and paste this ;

Capslock::
alt := not alt
If (alt)
{
MouseClick Right, 217, 51, , , D
}
Else
{
MouseClick Right, 217, 51, , , U
}
Return
sammoniac

Postby WeldFord » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 am

I tried but it didn't worked well for me...

I can move the camera without right-clicking but after it constantly force the camera to return to its initial position :|
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby sammoniac » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 am

WeldFord wrote:I can move the camera without right-clicking but after it constantly force the camera to return to its initial position :|

Hum... it works really well here. If I come up with another fix, I'll let you know. By the way, the 2 numbers in the code are the values of the position that the mouse takes when you toggle from mouse look to interaction mode (this value is basically what pixel of your resolution your mouse returns to). The numbers in the code I put there places your cursor around the top left corner of the screen, which is annoying. So find out what resolution you play the game on, and change the values to half of each number. For example, I play in 1920x1080. So I changed the values to this (on both lines) ;

960, 540, , ,

I works perfectly and I enjoy the game a lot more this way. Cyan should fix these controls as soon as possible. And also, I used my nvidia driver filters on the game, it looks absolutely GORGEOUS (maximum filtering, anti-aliasing, etc). I had to disable the blur effect in-game, because I really hated it. They should make it less intense, things just get too blurry. The frame rate still sucks, but with these tweaks, I am really enjoying the ride so far!
sammoniac

Postby Jamie Marchant » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:24 am

Hmm I'll give that a try latter.
Jamie Marchant

Return to General Discussion