THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PERSONAL PREFERENCE OF WHAT WAS OR WAS NOT PUT INTO THE GAME. (Although there is at least one thing I would have liked changed in Selenitic from the original rM myself...)
(DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE COMPLETED REALMYST: MASTERPIECE EDITION)
- Almost everything is too clean, too bright. It doesn't feel "real", so to speak. (i.e. the library ceiling. It looks more like a cartoon than an actual "real" surface.)
- The repeating textures, and some old pixelated textures, can sometimes really take away from the realism. I feel like I'm looking more at a fabric pattern than a stone pattern. Also, some textures don't quite look as well
- Some sounds don't match up with their original actions. In rM, it was not as bad. If there's supposed to be a nostalgic factor in this game, why not keep the sounds to their proper place?
- The mechanical sounds for the clock tower lever puzzle sound really disjointed.
- In one of the mazerunner junctions, the action to rotate the track was programmed incorrectly, causing part of it to stand still.
- The mazerunner door does not close properly when one enters it, but I have yet to show or see this glitch because the game automatically locks the player into the pilot's seat when they select it and begin the maze.
- One glitch even threw me out of the mazerunner into the caverns below.
- This is not a personal preference, but an expectation. Selenitic doesn't have a day-night cycle.
- The sounds of both the giant elevator gear, and the gears in the second floor sound really disjointed.
- Again, not personal preference, but Mechanical does not have a day-night cycle.
- The videos for Achenar's Temple could have been cleaned up better than they are shown in the game. The fact that I can see two different versions of the same room-- the old one in video, the new one in realtime -- at the same time, kind of puts me off a bit.
- A few 3D bridge rope objects on the top level do not connect to other ropes properly.
- The Stoneship Theme is nonexistent, and the replacement music used, from the telescope, doesn't match the environment.
- Once again, Stoneship is missing a day-night cycle.
- The sparks from the tower seem a little disjointed and slow for what they're supposed to be doing.
- I don't know how others did it, but I can't get the crystals to change color when passing the mouse over them.