Chapter one being filmed!!!!!!! The forgotten age....

General discussion about Myst.

Chapter one being filmed!!!!!!! The forgotten age....

Postby Sliman studios » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:10 pm

So I have finally found the perfect spot to do chapter 1 to my myst and Riven series The Forgotten age. I guess patience is a virtue because literally this spot that I'm going to use looks like it's from the game with the exception of a realistic and modern look. :D :D :D :D :D

I would love to be able to post pictures of the puzzle balls that I completed but unfortunately I have no way of uploading pictures to this forum
Sliman studios

Re: Chapter one being filmed!!!!!!! The forgotten age....

Postby Sliman studios » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 am

So in the process of writing chapter 1 of The Forgotten Age series I was determining between two different locations. They were phiffers Beach and Shaver Lake. So now you can say I have chapter 2 and chapter 3 written but I don't know which location I should use First. Because whatever happens in chapter two will determine what happens in chapter 3. so if any of you have an idea or suggestion of what I should do let me know. :idea:
Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Here is the teaser video for the new location of chapter one that will be filmed this Sunday April 30th......the forgotten age chaper 1.......

https://youtu.be/pMqSZUFE3Zg
Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

As you can see from these three images that I have uploaded these are some of the movie props that I have been working on for the first chapter
Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Here is the :D finished product of my lever system....
Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 am

Can yall see my pics.....??????
Sliman studios

Postby JWPlatt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Yes, but I'm quite bewildered by the unknown context and scale of this project without introduction or background. So I've just been watching with some curiosity and waiting for the outcome with the thought that patience will be revealing. Perhaps others are like that. You obviously have a passion.
JWPlatt
Creative Kingdoms

Postby Sliman studios » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello everybody just wanted to let you know that chapter one has been uploaded today to my channel if you want to check it out then go to this link. If you have not seen the first movie then look for the Forgotten Age The Journey. In that movie it began the entire series that I am trying to do which is based off of the Mist and Riven games but in my own version.

https://youtu.be/R62_0iFx-R8
Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Here is a new teaser picture from the set of today's shooting

Sliman studios

Postby Acorn1 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:40 am

Congratulations, you captured quite a lot of the feeling of wandering around in Myst or Riven. Using the soundtrack helped to create the atmosphere and your location and props were very good. If you'd like some constructive criticism, I think you might work a bit on your dialogue: in the first three minutes you said "this is cool" rather too many times for my taste :lol: When you pulled the lever, I was hoping that the walkway would appear from the water, but maybe that's in the next episode :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Sliman studios » Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 am

Thank you for the feedback I really appreciated that and now I can see what you're talking about. I never realized that I said that that many times until today :lol: :lol: :lol: . Unfortunately I had a less than a week to get this filmed before they turned off the water flow but for the next two locations they cannot disappear like this one could have. So I will have more time to work on actual dialogue then just doing it off the top of my head. And as for the walkway with the spinning Dome I left it as nothing happening for two reasons one, each chapter continues on where the last one left off and to because my green screens for some reason did not want to work for me so I had to work with what I was able to get blended into the environment. Once I can get them perfected they will be in chapter 2
Sliman studios

Return to General Discussion