Relto

Have something you made that was inspired by Cyan / Cyan games? Show it off here!

Re: Relto

Postby Adam Watson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:03 pm

I am Relto.
Adam Watson
Obduction Backer

Postby KathAveara » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Why hello there! Looks like you got the message right, Mac!
Aka KathTheDragon (literally everywhere else on the internet)
Moula KI: 00005310
DI KI: 00205116
tumblr: kaththedragon
KathAveara
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Shorah Adam!

It's nice to know the face behind the imp! ;)

I take it that you are as rabid a fan of all things Cyan as the rest of us... welcome to the party!!

And kudos for the fun thread here! The cipher was very nicely done (though we *did* chase our tails for a while before you posted your corrections!); I have no idea how long we would have banged our heads against it without your mysterious hint! Of course, I still am intrigued by all your photos and particularly by the last still-unattributed quote. I do hope we will learn more "soon". :)

Mac_Fife, perhaps the last anagram should be read as "Farewell, soon" in answer to the question about when to meet? Dunno, perhaps Adam will choose to enlighten us about that.

(Of course, this is all just on the brink of the official 20th anniversary...)
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Zardoz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Relto has an interesting new picture on his Twitter feed. And Adam has an interesting website.
Zardoz
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Shorah again,

Adam, I have enjoyed your video clips immensely! And I noticed that a Robert Watson was the composer for The Lost One...

[Reveal] Spoiler: All of which gets me to wondering...
Are you guys any relation to RAWA?? :)
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi, Adam, thanks for the fun you've given us! Looking forward to seeing whether there will be a video to go with your latest Twitter pic. :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Adam Watson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Ainia wrote:Shorah again,

Adam, I have enjoyed your video clips immensely! And I noticed that a Robert Watson was the composer for The Lost One...

Just an incredible coincidence. :)
Adam Watson
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Adam Watson wrote:
Ainia wrote:Shorah again,

Just an incredible coincidence. :)

:mrgreen: Well, it seems to me that you'd certainly fit right in!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby dgelessus » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am

Nice job with the whole thing here Adam, I must say as well.

BUT - Why is everyone acting like we solved the puzzle? We still have no idea where any of the pictures are from, and I'd certainly be interested in that.
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby Adam Watson » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:55 am

I think you can make an educated guess, I hope to show you sooner rather than later, but that all depends...
Adam Watson
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:24 am

Adam Watson wrote:I hope to show you sooner rather than later, but that all depends...

ooh, you tease, Adam! :lol: Depends on what, exactly? On solving dgelessus' message? Or something else? :roll:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 am

Hmm... Two forums accounts, Adam/Relto? Now that's an infringement of forum Rule V. ;)
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby KathAveara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Perhaps an arrangement was made to deactivate Relto?
Aka KathTheDragon (literally everywhere else on the internet)
Moula KI: 00005310
DI KI: 00205116
tumblr: kaththedragon
KathAveara
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:05 pm

dgelessus wrote:Nice job with the whole thing here Adam, I must say as well.

BUT - Why is everyone acting like we solved the puzzle? We still have no idea where any of the pictures are from, and I'd certainly be interested in that.

Shorah dgelessus,

All we've solved is Relto/Adam's cipher, which (interestingly enough) tells us nothing about the meaning of the photos and quotes. However, the cipher *does* hint that we will be able to meet him and see *something* for ourselves at some unspecified time and location.

I suspect that since Relto chose to reveal his "secret identity", the first bit of the mystery is now past and the next step is for Adam either to drop more hints/clues to the time and location, or just tell us how to find him "out there"... "sooner or later"...

My take on the non-cipher hints thus far is that Relto is starting us with the D'ni history and cavern-like locations and progressively moving us elsewhere... perhaps another Age, perhaps another time. The final quote is not from the historical Myst/Uru writings but seems to be something new. Likewise for the newer images. So something new but with ties to the D'ni and the history we already know. The newest image on Relto's twitter site is a pretty strong hint that there is a Myst-like movie in the works (probably a short, if Adam's works to date are a good indicator). I cannot tell if there is anything more than these inferences of story to be gleaned from the images and quotes.

Based on what I have seen of Adam's cinematic work, he excels at telling visual stories progressively with heart and feeling, and with a subtle flavor of the universal deeper human story... subtle and artful imagery embodying a deeply impactful story. So the remaining mysteries here may be a sort of teaser trailer for whatever will come next... which serves to whet the appetite! ;)

But then perhaps Adam will decide to enlighten us in that respect? :?: (Whether our "educated guesses" come anywhere close to the mark??)

[[In his place, I probably would leave things exactly as they are... it defeats the purpose of a teaser to resolve the mystery before the movie premiere!!]]
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Zardoz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Actually, I wonder if the message deciphered from the numbers might not be something like this:

Words as deciphered: will you meet me soon farewell.

And thus, Relto went bye-bye and we met Adam.
Zardoz
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity