Fissure Creations

Have something you made that was inspired by Cyan / Cyan games? Show it off here!

Fissure Creations

Postby AllMyst » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Shorah,

I am excited to share with you a project I have been working on for a long time. It's a digital entertainment company I named after a symbol that has been my greatest inspiration. It's called Fissure Creations. In the same way that the fissure is a rip in time and space that links worlds in the Myst series, I have been working to create similar experiences through the use of augmented reality (AR).

Our first game recently went live in the Raleigh-Durham,NC area in the form of an AR-powered geocache adventure, called Prelude (link). I was originally hoping to share glimpses of this with you all at Mysterium, in case you were wondering why "augmented reality adventure gaming" had been on the agenda, but I wasn't able to fly out from the east coast due to the flight cost. I know that perhaps none of you will actually live close enough to experience Prelude, but I still wanted to share, especially since I will be attempting to fund a large-scale standalone version of the game, called Scryer, in the near future.

If you are interested in learning more, please check out my website here, and keep updated by liking the Facebook page or following on Twitter. I would love to discuss here as well. Thanks for letting me share!

AllMyst
Obduction Backer

Re: Fissure Creations

Postby AllMyst » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Hey everyone, I don't mean to spam but I'm super excited about launching Scryer, a holographic adventure game, on Kickstarter! I've been wanting to work on something like this since I first popped in the Myst demo CD at 9 years old. Check it out! I'd love to get your feedback!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fi ... ons/scryer
AllMyst
Obduction Backer

Return to Creativity