Kickstarter Thread - Share Kickstarters

Off-topic discussion (discussion that doesn't fall under any of the other categories)

Re: Kickstarter Thread - Share Kickstarters

Postby Overmann » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm glad you like it!
Maybe it will pick up speed and make its goal.
Overmann
Obduction Backer

Postby area51 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:59 am

French translation of the Quern KS page is done : http://myst-aventure.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1340
Image Image PolyStudio.shop, my Wife's Polymer Clay online Shop - Grover, MAhmtee Bevin : KI #123057
area51
Obduction Backer

Postby gcogs » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:21 am

I saw Quern got shared here which I had just backed so I wanted to share The Eyes of Ara as well. Also a Myst inspired puzzle adventure, made by a one-man studio. It looks seriously sweet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... yes-of-ara

"You will explore an immersive, fully 3D environment, riddled with secret rooms and hidden passageways. Each room contains multiple puzzles and hidden secrets, ranging from simple lock-and-key style puzzles to complex multi-stage puzzles that may even span multiple rooms throughout the level."

ALso there is Neptune Flux, yet ANOTHER Myst inpired puzzle adventure, this one taking place in the deep sea.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zo ... ptune-flux
gcogs
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Ben Droste, the developer of "Eyes of Ara" has just posted this dev diary where he talks about how Myst inspired him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUOiyuVBHc :mrgreen: - as well as explaining the premise of his game.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 am

Hi, everyone, I've just posted the text below on the MOUL forums, and I thought it might be appropriate and interesting for all not roaming the MOUL or GoW etc forums to make you all aware of this already mentioned and exciting project in its last stages to its success and victory ... :)

Since 'The Eyes of Ara' made it since July 1st ... Yeah!!! Congratulations Ben and all Backers!!! ... :P

... and since Wamduskasapa from the GoW forums and many other explorers and adventurers of the Myst/Riven/Uru/Obduction realms are beating the drum now for 'Quern - Undying Thoughts' as much and wherever they can, I thought I'd give out another shout here too, as there are only 15 days left to reach their goal and still some more Pounds/Dollars/Euros etc. needed to get there ... :)

The guys from Zadbox have listened to the Backers and recently added more pledge tiers to fill those 'money gaps', and to inspire more fans of course to join in, which might be very interesting for many of this very creative community, they've added a physical soundtrack pledge and a physical artbook option, and I believe they're just doing an awesome job with everything ...

For all who haven't seen it yet, I'd like to quote just a few features mentioned on the Kickstarter page to whet some appetite ... Yeah, that's it for now, and maybe one or the other likes to head into a new and exciting adventure ... :D

We are working on the English texts and voice over for now, but we plan to translate the game to at least three other languages: German, Spanish and Hungarian.

For now, we are developing the game for Windows, Mac and Linux but we hope to be able to reach PlayStation and Xbox consoles as well.

We are already testing Oculus Rift with satisfying results and we are eager to work with it, and make Quern a more believable experience.

The game in it’s current state works perfectly with 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9 aspect ratios and we are working on interface optimization for 4k to make it ready for future standards.
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Quern - Undying Thoughts is now at 70% with only 14 days to go.
The Pledges have SLOWED Down and THEY NEED our help. If this Game fails to make their Kickstarter we will be kicking our own backsides.
This Picture shows the activity from 6 June to 3 July..

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm in, although I've never actually seen a good Myst clone, which is what this looks like. Still, I'm willing to give it a chance.

And as for the slowdown, I wouldn't worry too much. Most kickstarters start big, then slow down, and then get big again in the last few days. Obduction certainly did. It has to do with people clicking on the remind me star. They get reminded 2 days before it expires. Expect another surge around then.
Plus, about 80% of projects that reach the 20% funding reach their goal. Quern's at about 70% now, and stull 14 days left!

Of course, telling people about it always works too!
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby rolliko » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:12 am

Spotted Quern also,

It looks good and its not a lot of cash for the game.Yooka-Laylee had just finished so I thought why not.
:)
Im lost...no really ! Im lost.
rolliko
Obduction Backer

Postby korovev » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:27 am

I wouldn’t turn this into a drama, enough Kickstarters fail to deliver even when funded.

That said, it should be noted that pledges are suggestions: if, say, £40 is too much you can pledge £30; your tier will be £20, plus an extra.
KI #46116 Image Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies
korovev
Obduction Backer

Postby Eleri » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Chuck Carter (the poor man who's face we walk all over in K'veer) has a project going!

Zed's Pumpkin Patch
Storyteller, Creatrix, and maker of general mayhem
Unwritten RPG: http://www.unwrittenrpg.com/
KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.
Eleri
Obduction Backer

Postby area51 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:10 am

Only 10 hours left to add £ 600 and reach the 1st stretch goal (localizations)! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... g-thoughts
Image Image PolyStudio.shop, my Wife's Polymer Clay online Shop - Grover, MAhmtee Bevin : KI #123057
area51
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey fellow explorers,

Here's another very promising indie game in the works: Essence.

The development team's website seems to have a puzzle of sorts for fans to solve, too. ;-)
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:58 am

A very auspicious and ambitious project! They're getting better and better ... Thanks for pointing us to it, Ainia ... :P

'Xing - The Land Beyond' is already quite spiritual and 'beyond', but this one is really very 'beyond', spiritual and surreal lol, in a very positive way, and in general this development doesn't really surprise me in these times we are in right now and further ahead, and of course it is full of gorgeous beauty in a completely different way, has an awesome soundtrack and an interesting and different storyline progression with much puzzle/riddle/quest solving involved ... The whole game or I'd better say world or universe even is based on moving forward or proceed through real deep research and exploration etc. ... There's also a stretch goal going for the VR, which would be very appropriate for this kind of world and exploration ... they're already working on a future implementation ... :)

Yeah, and they're even from my hometown, Berlin, Germany ... That small puzzle on their website was easy btw, and they intend to post more of those little brain teasers ... :mrgreen:

Ok, I'm wishing them definitely the best of luck and success and of course much much fun and excitement for that perpetual stream of even more creative ideas and inspiration ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:54 am

While mentioning Xing (well, janaba did, haha), the team's latest Devblog post notes that the team visited Cyan recently and they got to play some Obduction - but they don't spill any beans. It's a very long post, mostly about their appearance at PAX Prime, so if you want to skip to the Cyan bit, look for Day 8. Here's a pic of James at the Cyan Front Desk http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VrMWGsMIOr4/VfEz8_sjOHI/AAAAAAAAJ5Y/OKzKKodU0dI/s1600/IMG_6826.JPG and here is the full Devblog
http://xingthegame.blogspot.co.uk/
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am

What a wonderful blog and report, this Koriel is really amazing, the whole 'White Lotus' team is amazing, as is the world they are creating and everything they're doing ... :P

So, it wonders not that they'd visit those awesome folks, their friends at Cyan Worlds, when they'd already be in their vicinity ... Thank you very much for sharing this, Acorn ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic