Neptune Flux

Off-topic discussion (discussion that doesn't fall under any of the other categories)

Neptune Flux

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:53 pm

This is a game that I was involved with From the Kickstarter on through to the Beta

A New Game Experience that was designed from the Ground up to be a VR experience for Oculus and Vive on Windows, Mac and PS4. Even though a VR headset is NOT required IT IS a True Virtual Reality Experience, and LIKE Myst it is up to you to discover what The Truth is versus The Lie. This Game is just an introduction to a coming series of new adventures. Currently I have 184 hours of game play on this short introduction to a NEW World of Adventure and Intrigue and must say - THIS IS A MUST PLAY

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378700/
http://www.moddb.com/games/neptune-flux
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Re: Neptune Flux

Postby belford » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Currently I have 184 hours of game play

That's beta testing time, I take it? Not to confuse people -- this is a smallish game. I played it (for the first time, release version) and finished in well under two hours.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:33 pm

Agreed that is both Alpha, Beta Testing and Game play

Yes this is a short game - BUT it is still well worth playing..
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:05 am

It's interesting but I didn't think it succeeded in conveying the story it wanted to convey. The story beats felt disconnected; there wasn't enough texture to make it all feel real and engaging.

(I don't necessarily mean visual texture.)

I liked that it had some open-world, take-care-of-routine-tasks nature in addition to the adventure-style puzzle scenes.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Return to Off-Topic