I am hoping the folks at Cyan won't mind if I snag a thread or two over here in the Off-Topic section in order to discuss Robyn's amazing film The Immortal Augustus Gladstone. Right now, there aren't any official forums for such conversations (and as far as I can tell, Robyn has no plans for developing any) but there are a ton of interesting ideas to talk about!
I'm thinking in terms of at least two different approaches to discussions, more or less akin to IC and OOC perspectives (In-Character = Augustus as a real person and the movie as a genuine documentary), (Out-of-Character = Augustus as a fictional character and the movie as a work of fiction).
Are there any folks here who are interested in this too? Here are a few of the topics I've been working on privately.
- Symbolism in the film
- The metastory inside the film
- Collecting and analyzing the less-obvious, subtler bits within the movie
- Augustus' medical issues and symptoms
- Some of the interesting hints about his history and personality gleaned from some of the extra film clips (not included in the full movie)
- Tracing out Augustus' full history/timeline (where he's lived for the past 150+ years, the world events he's witnessed, etc.)
- Speculation about what happened between the end of the documentary (2011) and now (2013)
- Researching more about the count and learning more about the relationship between him and Augustus
- Connecting the storyline/history laid out between the movie, the extra film clips, Augustus' YouTube videos and his Facebook posts
- Playing Robyn's "Where's Augustus?" game, recently begun on Twitter
- Collecting links/resources for all Augustus-related material
[[Hanna/admins, please let me know if you have any suggestions or if such discussions should be taken elsewhere]]