Discussion threads for The Immortal Augustus Gladstone

Off-topic discussion (discussion that doesn't fall under any of the other categories)

Discussion threads for The Immortal Augustus Gladstone

Postby Ainia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

Greetings everyone,

I am hoping the folks at Cyan won't mind if I snag a thread or two over here in the Off-Topic section in order to discuss Robyn's amazing film The Immortal Augustus Gladstone. Right now, there aren't any official forums for such conversations (and as far as I can tell, Robyn has no plans for developing any) but there are a ton of interesting ideas to talk about! :D

I'm thinking in terms of at least two different approaches to discussions, more or less akin to IC and OOC perspectives (In-Character = Augustus as a real person and the movie as a genuine documentary), (Out-of-Character = Augustus as a fictional character and the movie as a work of fiction).

Are there any folks here who are interested in this too? Here are a few of the topics I've been working on privately.

• Symbolism in the film
  • The metastory inside the film
  • Collecting and analyzing the less-obvious, subtler bits within the movie
  • Augustus' medical issues and symptoms
  • Some of the interesting hints about his history and personality gleaned from some of the extra film clips (not included in the full movie)
  • Tracing out Augustus' full history/timeline (where he's lived for the past 150+ years, the world events he's witnessed, etc.)
  • Speculation about what happened between the end of the documentary (2011) and now (2013)
  • Researching more about the count and learning more about the relationship between him and Augustus
  • Connecting the storyline/history laid out between the movie, the extra film clips, Augustus' YouTube videos and his Facebook posts
  • Playing Robyn's "Where's Augustus?" game, recently begun on Twitter
  • Collecting links/resources for all Augustus-related material

[[Hanna/admins, please let me know if you have any suggestions or if such discussions should be taken elsewhere]]
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Re: Discussion threads for The Immortal Augustus Gladstone

Postby Acorn1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:32 am

Sorry if I'm in turn hijacking your thread, Ainia, but Robyn is doing a Reddit AMA right now and while he's doing it, we can download his film for free: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ttnil/i_am_robyn_miller_cocreator_of_myst_and_riven_ama/
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Return to Off-Topic