Mysterium 2014: Hotel, Registration, Logos, and T-Shirts!

Off-topic discussion (discussion that doesn't fall under any of the other categories)

Mysterium 2014: Hotel, Registration, Logos, and T-Shirts!

Postby Alahmnat » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Shorah Myst fans!

It’s been a little while since our last update, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy behind the scenes. In fact, we’ve got four big announcements for you today!

===Hotel Reservations Open===
We’re pleased to announce that we will be returning to the Comfort Inn University District hotel next year. The Comfort Inn was our gracious host in 2009, and we’re looking forward to seeing you all there again. We have a limited number of rooms available for $89.95/night, so get your reservations in now! See http://www.mysterium.net/location for more details.

===Pre-Registration Open===
Why not register to attend the convention while you’re booking your hotel room? That’s right, pre-registration is open! Weekend registration is $25 per person, which includes a convention book and a couple of extra goodies. Pre-registration closes on July 4th, 2014, but why wait? Register now at http://www.mysterium.net/registration!

===Logos for 2014===
We are absolutely thrilled to announce the winner of this year’s logo contest: Jeston Tigchon! He submitted a marvelous proposal for both the front and back designs that celebrates our 15th anniversary and our Rivenese theme this year, and it completely blew us away. Here’s the back:

And here are the five front designs!
Image Image Image Image Image

All of which leads us to our next announcement…

===T-shirts Available for Pre-Order===
Jeston’s amazing artwork is now available for pre-order in shirt form, and there’s an added bonus: you can pick which design will go on the front of your shirt! Yes, you can get any one of the front logo designs mentioned earlier on your Mysterium 2014 t-shirt (pre-order quantities permitting, see the link below for more information). If you can’t decide, we’ve got you covered with a 5-pack of shirts at a $10 discount versus buying them separately.

This year is pretty important to us, and we want to make sure that everyone who’s ever been a part of Mysterium can have a chance to pick up a 15th anniversary t-shirt. Now, even if you can’t make it to Mysterium in 2014, you can pre-order a shirt to commemorate 15 years of fun, friends, and community hijinx.

T-shirts are available in sizes from Small to 3XL, and for the first time, we’re also pleased to announce that we’re offering them in a women’s cut as well! For more information about pre-ordering, please visit http://www.mysterium.net/tshirts.

===More to Come===
That’s all we have for now, but we hope it was worth the wait! We’ll have more announcements coming in the next few months as we get closer to convention weekend.
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists
Alahmnat
Obduction Backer

Re: Mysterium 2014: Hotel, Registration, Logos, and T-Shirts

Postby Visian_Thistle » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Is it necessary to get a room in that hotel in order to attend the convention? Even though it's a discount, $90/night is pretty steep ... I'd rather stay at one of the $40/night motels nearby, if that's possible.
Visian_Thistle
Obduction Backer

Postby Alahmnat » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

No, you don't need to be booked at the Comfort Inn to attend Mysterium, it's just a little more convenient. If you'd rather reserve a room at another hotel, we won't stop you from doing so. As long as you buy a day or weekend pass, you're welcome to attend. :)
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists
Alahmnat
Obduction Backer

Postby JWPlatt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Mysterium often does a great job of extremely timely visits to Spokane when something big is happening for Cyan. This year it's Obduction. Nice.
JWPlatt
Creative Kingdoms

Postby greydragon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 am

The team is excited. I hope we have something to show at that point!
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby greydragon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Alahmnat, how is registration going?
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby MoP » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:32 am

Gah, such a perfect occasion and opportunity, timely indeed. Wish I could hop on board but going across the pond is probably over my capabilities.
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby Alahmnat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:51 am

greydragon wrote:Alahmnat, how is registration going?

It's going well, though it has slowed down lately. Considering we've got another 7 months before go-time and plenty more announcements to re-attract attention, I'm not too worried :).

Be sure to tell Tony he can pre-order our awesome shirts, and if you're Planning Something, please email me about it before you Do It ;).
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists
Alahmnat
Obduction Backer

Postby Alahmnat » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Hello again, everyone. It’s officially summer, and Mysterium is fast approaching! We’ve got a couple of timely reminders for you today.

First, the last day for online registration and t-shirt pre-orders is July 4th. That’s only two weeks away! If you plan to attend, please register online so that we can get an accurate estimate of attendance numbers. If you plan on buying a Mysterium t-shirt, we strongly encourage you to do so either by pre-ordering one to pick up at the convention, or by using our Square Market store to buy one that can be shipped to you. Order for shirts through our Square store will also close after July 4th, so get your orders in now!

T-shirt information: http://www.mysterium.net/tshirts
Square Market store: https://squareup.com/market/mysterium-convention

Second, the deadline for event submissions is June 30th. If you’ll be at Mysterium and you have an idea for a panel discussion, presentation, display, or activity that you’re interested in running, please let us know! Head over to http://www.mysterium.net/events, be sure to read the event guidelines, and fill out the form at the bottom of the page.

We’re so excited about this year’s Mysterium, and we can’t wait to see you all in Spokane. Shorah b’shemtee!
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists
Alahmnat
Obduction Backer

Postby KDeFlane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:29 am

I am late to the party. I missed the online registration (for reasons*), but it looks like I can just pay at the door? I miss out on the T-shirt, and you miss out on an accurate head count, but I really do hope there is room for me at the Cyan portion of the weekend.

As for the hotel, well, it looks like there is no room at the inn for me. Can anyone recommend something nearby? I won't have a car, and the closest major hotel I see on the map is more than six major intersections away, probably more blocks than that in actual walking distance. I tried to register for the forum where people are discussing room-sharing, but I never got an activation email for that forum. I would be willing to share whatever other accommodations I can find at this point.

My other consideration is that I may be taking Greyhound but have not yet looked to see where the bus station is.

*And I haven't yet gotten official word from my boss that I can take that Friday off work.
KDeFlane
Obduction Backer

Postby Alahmnat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi KDeFlane,

We will indeed have at-the-door registration for those who missed pre-registration online, including day passes for those who are mostly interested in attending on Saturday. There will also be a limited number of t-shirts available for purchase if you missed out on the pre-order, so you should be able to pick one up :).

I apologize for the hotel booking problems people have been experiencing this year. Unbeknownst to us, there is an anime convention in town the same weekend and hotel space has gone quickly. I'd like to see if I can help get you set up on our room share forum. Would you email me at [email protected] with the email address you used to register? If you need to stay in another hotel, it looks like it's a tie between the FairBridge Inn Express on Division St. and the Quality Inn Downtown on 4th Ave. Both are about a 15 minute walk from the convention hotel, though the Quality Inn appears to have a better reputation (I have not personally scoped out either hotel at this time, but I will probably do so this weekend).

The Greyhound station in Spokane is about a 25 minute walk from the convention hotel, and is located at 221 West 1st Avenue in downtown, adjacent to the Amtrak station. You may be able to get a shuttle from the station to your chosen hotel; I would recommend contacting that hotel directly to see if this is a service that they provide.
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists
Alahmnat
Obduction Backer

Return to Off-Topic