Kickstarter Backers

Kickstarter Backers

Postby greydragon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Backers, please make sure you have the correct tier selected for the amount you are funding.

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 5034_n.jpg

Please read the FAQ how to switch your pledge. We are finding a pretty large amount of backers that have funded at a high amount, but didn't select a reward.

Thank you.

Ryan
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Re: Kickstarter Backers

Postby tachzusamm » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:13 am

If I understand you correctly, Ryan, people who just pledged a specific amount without selecting a reward, do automatically fall into the category of users who get a survey after the campaign, asking which Add-ons they want to receive, but they lose their option to get one of the "official" Tiers listed in KS, like "Gimme the game", Gimme the box" etc.?
tachzusamm
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:51 am

by the way - and completely off topic :oops: - why is greydragon listed as "FORMER Cyan Employee?" :?
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:29 am

I hope this notice will be included in the next update to backers. I'm sure that not all are watching this forum and/or the KS comments.

Btw, good job on the campaign, Cyan. Enjoying this ride very much!
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Erik » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:35 am

Acorn1 wrote:by the way - and completely off topic :oops: - why is greydragon listed as "FORMER Cyan Employee?" :?

Well, because that's what he was. ;) If I recall correctly, greydragon's last position at Cyan was that of community manager. When MOUL was cancelled, there wasn't much work left.
Since greydragon is once again mentioned as part of the Obduction team, we have him back on board! :D
Though, I can imagine that his position at Cyan depends on whether or not Obduction gets funding...
Erik
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:22 am

Hi, Erik!

I'm sure you're right.

Ryan started the hangout by saying he works "for Cyan Worlds or Cyan Inc" and later I think he said something about photoshopping himself into the team photo.

So, greydragon, I reckon you need to update your status when you post on this forum or we could be misled about the status of your comments! ;) :lol:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby talldarkmystere » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:12 am

This has been a concern of mine.

I've backed a total of $250 via Paypal, $75, $25, $150 - I'm not sure how I indicate that I wanted all of that to apply to the art book level. If I don't get that package because of a mistake, I will die a little inside... Ok, a lot.

I tacked on another $75 pledge last night via Kickstarter (Hey, I had no idea that I was already all set to go). I did that because I wanted to inch the KS total a bit more toward the goal, and I want to give my sister a boxed copy, too.

So, how can I ensure that my Paypal donation will result in the art book tier?

Thanks very much :)
MO:UL - SirDerpsalot
KI #107622

I see the mountain ahead, but I am not worried; I have a spoon.
talldarkmystere
Obduction Backer

Postby talldarkmystere » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:13 am

rooshoes wrote:
tachzusamm wrote:If I understand you correctly, Ryan, people who just pledged a specific amount without selecting a reward, do automatically fall into the category of users who get a survey after the campaign, asking which Add-ons they want to receive, but they lose their option to get one of the "official" Tiers listed in KS, like "Gimme the game", Gimme the box" etc.?

Any further information on this? This is what I'm looking to do. I want a boxed copy of the game if I can get it, but I can't afford the $75 tier, so I'm willing to give up the digital goodies. Is this an unsavory loophole? (trust me, if this kickstarter had launched this time last year, I would have pledged $250 no question)

What level are you at? How short of $75 are you?
KI #107622

talldarkmystere
Obduction Backer

Postby Erik » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Cyan mentioned that they will send out a survey at the end of the Kickstarter to ask everyone what goodies they want and where they should be sent to.
I'm sure they'll also send that one to the Paypal backers.

@rooshoes, at the Kickstarter it is possible to make a donation of $1 + $50 for the boxed add-on, $51 in total. If you make such a donation via Paypal, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to mention the add-on on the survey.
Erik
Obduction Backer

Postby talldarkmystere » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:15 pm

rooshoes wrote:
talldarkmystere wrote:What level are you at? How short of $75 are you?

I pledged $51; I really would like to pledge the $75 level, but I'm pushing my limited finances enough as it is.

Erik wrote:@rooshoes, at the Kickstarter it is possible to make a donation of $1 + $50 for the boxed add-on, $51 in total. If you make such a donation via Paypal, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to mention the add-on on the survey.

I didn't donate via Paypal because I wanted to help fund the actual kickstarter, but I did choose the $1 reward level. I figure at worst, I'll have to switch my pledge to the $45 'digital' reward level and Cyan can keep the extra 6 bucks. Perhaps, if I can afford it after the kickstarter ends, I'll make up the difference via Paypal and work something out. Whoba, I would not want to handle kickstarter cleanup.

Anyone at Cyan know if I can pledge $25 for rooshoes?
KI #107622

talldarkmystere
Obduction Backer

Postby talldarkmystere » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:38 am

In the interest of saving time, rooshoes - Send me a PM, I can send you the money via PayPal.
KI #107622

talldarkmystere
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:53 am

I will be upgrading to the art book on Wednesday when i get my next pay. I managed to get very close with Kickstarter!
My KI on the official server is 23543696 - feel free to add me
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)