Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:51 am

Rand just said during his Mysterium chat that the final e-mails for Obduction backers would start going out over the next few days. I just got mine! It even has a link to go to change info (like shipping addresses).

So, for those of you who've been waiting for them, expect it in the next few days. If you don't get one, I'd contact Cyan ASAP.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Re: Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Postby Acorn1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:14 am

yup, I have just had my backer email too :mrgreen: cool that it came from Rand :lol:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby KDeFlane » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:05 pm

I had reason to update one of my details, so I clicked thru to the form, and there I looked over the various things they are letting us correct/update at the last minute. I noticed one of the things you can change is where/how you want the digital download. However, my receipt didn't tell me what I might have specified originally, so I wasn't sure whether or not I needed to change that detail.

Also, is the question about digital just referring to how the game will be accessed/downloaded? I assume I wouldn't need Steam to fetch the digital art book or the digital soundtrack files. I hope those are simple binary files, either sent in a .zip archive or thru a secure download connection. For the near future, I'll be playing the game on someone else's computer (using a Steam account which I still have not yet created), but the offline digital data I would like to keep on my own computer.
KDeFlane
Obduction Backer

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:08 am

KDeFlane wrote:… where/how you want the digital download. However, my receipt didn't tell me what I might have specified originally

Search your email archive. You specified that part in the Kickstarter survey and got a copy of your answers. The email is titled Your survey response has been submitted for Obduction and for me came on 2014-04-14. You can also check on the web by going to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction, logging in, clicking on View pledge, then Survey.
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby Chessrook44 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:41 am

Hopefully I get the e-mail. I backed the game just a couple days after the kickstarter ended on Paypal, so while I was told I'd get the same stuff, I haven't received any e-mails or anything. For example, no e-mail about the change in release date, I had to learn that from a friend who Kickstarted.
Chessrook44

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:52 am

Rand's computer is sending them out one at a time. He said it would take a few days, and they seem to have started Saturday. So like I said, if you don't get one in the next few days, I'd recommend contacting them.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby wstrohm » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:52 pm

... wondering why this thread is in the Public forum rather than the Backers' Forum...
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:35 pm

I put it here just in case there were any backers who for whatever reason didn't have access to the backers forum.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Tomala » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:15 pm

wstrohm wrote:... wondering why this thread is in the Public forum rather than the Backers' Forum...

Because it's already being discussed in the backers forum. :P
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:26 am

Tomala wrote:
wstrohm wrote:... wondering why this thread is in the Public forum rather than the Backers' Forum...

Because it's already being discussed in the backers forum. :P

though this thread was first :lol:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Chessrook44 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:31 am

Magic88889 wrote:I put it here just in case there were any backers who for whatever reason didn't have access to the backers forum.

Like me. Already contacted the help section to have this remedied, and make sure everything is fine on my end. Started getting concerned when I didn't get the e-mail about the release date change.
Chessrook44

Postby sandstone2 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:48 am

I had to change ISPs and lost access to my old email address. I changed it at Kickstarter and got the status updates, so I thought all was well...

Anybody here that got the email who might tell me what it was about?
sandstone2

Postby Altairien » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:09 am

sandstone2 wrote:I had to change ISPs and lost access to my old email address. I changed it at Kickstarter and got the status updates, so I thought all was well...

Anybody here that got the email who might tell me what it was about?

Since these recent backer emails were sent directly from Cyan and not through Kickstarter (as updates were), it is very likely that Cyan doesn't have your current email address.

I suggest you contact them ASAP at [email protected] or submit a support ticket at http://support.cyan.com/index.php to ask how you may update your email address.

Ref: This situation isn't directly addressed in the Cyan Support FAQ, but the following should also apply to email changes:

As for the recent email itself...
Cyan wrote:Attached to this email is your final Obduction receipt. Please make sure everything is correct. (If you find an ERROR, click here… <link removed>
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby sandstone2 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks!

My street address is still the same. I was more worried that it might be instructions on how to download it on the 22nd. They must be slammed since it's so close to release. I won't worry about the lack of receipt email or backer's forum access as Ryan confirmed that the email address was changed in the database.
sandstone2

Postby Chessrook44 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:30 am

Starting to actually get worried. I'm a backer without access to the backer forums. I hadn't tried to get it until about two weeks ago since it didn't much matter to me. Submitted a ticket, but the last I heard was last Wednesday when the ticket requested my username, which I provided. I still haven't gotten my access.

In addition, I haven't gotten any e-mail containing the "last receipt" you guys talk about. In fact I haven't gotten ANY e-mails period. I'm concerned I may not get what I paid for.

Now admittedly, I backed on Paypal instead of Kickstarter, however there was a brief time after the Kickstarter ended where backers could still get things from the Kickstarter, like backer access and the boxed game (which I paid for). The fact there's been such silence is worrying me.
Chessrook44

Next

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)