Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Re: Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Postby HyperionTitanOfLight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:14 am

Chessrook44 wrote:Starting to actually get worried. I'm a backer without access to the backer forums. I hadn't tried to get it until about two weeks ago since it didn't much matter to me. Submitted a ticket, but the last I heard was last Wednesday when the ticket requested my username, which I provided. I still haven't gotten my access.

In addition, I haven't gotten any e-mail containing the "last receipt" you guys talk about. In fact I haven't gotten ANY e-mails period. I'm concerned I may not get what I paid for.

Now admittedly, I backed on Paypal instead of Kickstarter, however there was a brief time after the Kickstarter ended where backers could still get things from the Kickstarter, like backer access and the boxed game (which I paid for). The fact there's been such silence is worrying me.

Have you email Cyan? They MUST be able to find all backers / supporters in their records.
HyperionTitanOfLight
Obduction Backer

Postby fjhLeger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:31 am

I backed thru PayPal and recieved regular updates... E-mail Cyan, so they can trace back your contribution.
françois
fjhLeger
Obduction Backer

Postby sandstone2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Chessrook44 wrote:Starting to actually get worried. I'm a backer without access to the backer forums. I hadn't tried to get it until about two weeks ago since it didn't much matter to me. Submitted a ticket, but the last I heard was last Wednesday when the ticket requested my username, which I provided. I still haven't gotten my access.

In addition, I haven't gotten any e-mail containing the "last receipt" you guys talk about. In fact I haven't gotten ANY e-mails period. I'm concerned I may not get what I paid for.

Now admittedly, I backed on Paypal instead of Kickstarter, however there was a brief time after the Kickstarter ended where backers could still get things from the Kickstarter, like backer access and the boxed game (which I paid for). The fact there's been such silence is worrying me.

I'm in the same boat. Send a email to [email protected]. Give them all of your shipping and email addresses and anything else that you think is missing.
sandstone2

Postby Tai'lahr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:28 am

Geez, I sure hope they're taking notes on this process so they can manage it better next time around.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby HyperionTitanOfLight » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Tai'lahr wrote:Geez, I sure hope they're taking notes on this process so they can manage it better next time around.

I'm never one to run someone down but If they haven't learned how to market and sell a game yet, chances are it's not possible to get better.
HyperionTitanOfLight
Obduction Backer

Postby Shorahmin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Haven't received a darn thing lately. But the T-Shirt came. Actually wore it in public (lots of odd looks which I enjoyed). So not sure what Rand was talking about. I am having a nervous break-down because of you guys and your silence.
Play nice Shorahmin, play nice...
Shorahmin
Obduction Backer

Postby Shorahmin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:45 pm

@Hyperion. I like your optimism on a "next time". I certainly hope so. Been a long dry spell.
Play nice Shorahmin, play nice...
Shorahmin
Obduction Backer

Postby Chessrook44 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:11 pm

sandstone2 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Send a email to [email protected]. Give them all of your shipping and email addresses and anything else that you think is missing.

Sent the e-mail yesterday. They said in the support message they left me (finally a response yay) to not expect an immediate response, but that I WOULD get an e-mail before launch.

Now my only worry is if they're working over the weekend.
Chessrook44

Postby Altairien » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:59 pm

Chessrook44 wrote:Now my only worry is if they're working over the weekend.

I fully expect that they are. They're probably pushing really hard to hit the 24th target date, but I also expect that if they need a few more days, they'll take it. The last officially released statement did say "the week of August 22nd" and I'm sure they'll use the whole week if they feel they need to.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:44 am

HyperionTitanOfLight wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:Geez, I sure hope they're taking notes on this process so they can manage it better next time around.

I'm never one to run someone down but If they haven't learned how to market and sell a game yet, chances are it's not possible to get better.

I was referring to the Kickstarter process, tracking backer information and communication with backers, not marketing.

@Shorahmin, I hope you meant to say my comment and not Hyperion's.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Tomala » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:15 am

Tai'lahr wrote:I was referring to the Kickstarter process, tracking backer information and communication with backers, not marketing.

The Marketing aspect and the Kickstarter mirror each other in terms of communication skills. Not that it matters at this point.
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby Chessrook44 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Monday, still no note or any information. I'd sent info through the e-mail, but have yet to get anything. No backer access, no "Here's how you get your game", nothing. Still worried.
Chessrook44

Postby Mat_Husky » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:09 am

sandstone2 wrote:I had to change ISPs and lost access to my old email address. I changed it at Kickstarter and got the status updates, so I thought all was well...

Anybody here that got the email who might tell me what it was about?

The same thing happened to me a while ago. My ISP forced me onto another company and locked out my old email address. I changed it on Kickstarter and sent an email saying that my old messaging address on the original receipt will be locked out. I got a quick response saying that it didn't matter, that if my kickstarter email address had been changed then everything would go through that. I have been getting backer updates through kickstarter but with only a day to go until the games release and nothing in the way of a "final receipt" which people have been talking about, I'm starting to get concerned that I may not get a download code if they're sending things to the old address.
The complete silence and lack of updates this close to release is a little concerning, though I'm hoping that it's just because they're trying their hardest to finalise everything before release.
Mat_Husky
Obduction Backer

Postby Tomala » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:14 am

Mat_Husky wrote:The complete silence and lack of updates this close to release is a little concerning, though I'm hoping that it's just because they're trying their hardest to finalise everything before release.

Seems that way.

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby sadji » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:41 am

Chessrook44 wrote:Monday, still no note or any information. I'd sent info through the e-mail, but have yet to get anything. No backer access, no "Here's how you get your game", nothing. Still worried.

Same here and now its Tuesday :?
sadji

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)