Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Re: Final Backer Emails Start Shipping

Postby ChiliBean » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:03 am

Guess they are waiting til the end of the week.
ChiliBean

Postby pat_trick » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:03 pm

I'd say keep an eye on your inbox on the 24th.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Postby ChiliBean » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:55 am

Got my e-mail with steam key! Downloading now. Can't wait! :D

Hope you get a kickstarter for the next one after your break. Hint. Hint. :)
ChiliBean

Postby area51 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:54 am

Got my email too, but Steam servers seem to be overcharged (here in France, at least)
So I'l wait a lil bit before trying aghen to DL Obduction…
[url=http://myst-aventure.com][img]http://myst-aventure.com/-grover/image/sig-moul.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://ufo-3d.fr][img]http://ufo-3d.fr/ufo-3d-350x75.png[/img][/url] [url=https://polystudio.shop]PolyStudio[/url] MAhmtee Bevin KI #123057
area51
Obduction Backer

Postby JohnnyK42 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:49 am

I'm a Obduction Backer. Kickstarter debited my credit card, I completed the survey response, I got the newsletter...
But I didn't get the Obduction download keys.

I wrote an e-mail to [email protected] as requested, but no answer.
Two weeks later, I wrote another e-mail, no answer too.
Now, three weeks are passed.

What's the matter with Cyan? When will I get my keys?
JohnnyK42

Postby Altairien » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:05 am

JohnnyK42 wrote:I'm a Obduction Backer. Kickstarter debited my credit card, I completed the survey response, I got the newsletter...
But I didn't get the Obduction download keys.

See below. From Cyan's Obduction Support Knowledgebase and also included in Kickstarter Project Update #69. (which you should've received as a Kickstarter Backer. Be sure to check your Junk E-mail/Spam folder for missing emails.)

How do I claim a Humble Reward?
Follow these 3 steps to claim your Humble Reward:

1. First of all, you need to have backed Obduction during our crowdfunding campaign.

2. Use the Key Resender ( https://www.humblebundle.com/resender) and provide the email you used to on the Backer receipt.

You will then be sent an email with a link to the Obduction Claim Page.

3. There should be a "Claim"-button on this page. Log in with your Humble account, or create an account if you don't have one.

Once "Claim" is clicked the rewards should be linked to your Humble account

YouTube video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_OfmF0lnc
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby JohnnyK42 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:08 am

altairien wrote:From Cyan's Obduction Support Knowledgebase and also included in Kickstarter Project Update #69. (which you should've received as a Kickstarter Backer.

Kickstart Update #69 says also:
"If you've never received anything like this (a receipt), then we don't have your email address at all. Email us at [email protected] ."

And that's what I have done. I had never received a receipt. All spam folders are checked.
JohnnyK42

Postby Altairien » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:38 am

JohnnyK42 wrote:
altairien wrote:From Cyan's Obduction Support Knowledgebase and also included in Kickstarter Project Update #69. (which you should've received as a Kickstarter Backer.

Kickstart Update #69 says also:
"If you've never received anything like this (a receipt), then we don't have your email address at all. Email us at [email protected] ."

And that's what I have done. I had never received a receipt. All spam folders are checked.

Have you changed your email address on Kickstarter at any time since you pledged?
- If yes, do you still have access to the original email address?
- If you have not changed your address, have you tried those steps I quoted in my previous post? It's been verified by others that they do work.

I'm a bit confused however. You stated:
JohnnyK42 wrote:I completed the survey response,

This led me to believe you were receiving communications back in 2014 at least. To clarify this, I'm providing a timeline of the important communications you should've received from Cyan in 2014. Which of the items below have you received?

1. April 11, 2014 - Notification that Backer surveys were coming within the week. See Survey says...
      Email subject: Project Update #34: Obduction by Cyan, Inc.
  2. Within a week of April 11, 2014 - Kickstarter email requesting that you complete the survey.
      Email subject: "Response Needed! -- Get your reward for backing Obduction by Cyan, Inc.."
  3. On the date you completed the survey, whenever that was, you should have received a Kickstarter acknowledgement email.
      Email subject: "Your survey response has been submitted for Obduction"
  4. November 21, 2014 - Notification that Backer receipts were about to be sent out. See Moving Forward
      Email subject: Project Update #40: Obduction by Cyan, Inc.
  5. Within a week of November 21, 2014 - Email direct from Cyan ([email protected]) with your Backer receipt attached.
      Email subject: "Obduction Backer Receipt (ID:<yourBackerID>)"
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby JohnnyK42 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:36 pm

altairien wrote:Which of the items below have you received?

No. 1 - 4: received
No. 5: not received

I think, I overlooked the important message in #40. These Updates are commonly more or less interesting stuff...
JohnnyK42

Postby Tahgtahv » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:43 am

They have a large backlog of support issues they are trying to get through, and I'm not sure what priority mail sent to [email protected] is. As far as the message in update 40, unless you are actively filtering mail, it shouldn't have affected you. That said, I'm guessing you did not get an email from Hunble Bundle either? It should've been sent somewhere around the time of the 24th, with a subect along the lines of Your order is ready. Btw, the receipt was also sent out a second time of August 7th of this year, but if you didn't get the first, I'd think you'd not get the second either.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:37 am

JohnnyK42 wrote:
altairien wrote:Which of the items below have you received?

No. 1 - 4: received
No. 5: not received

I think, I overlooked the important message in #40. These Updates are commonly more or less interesting stuff...

My guess is your email address wasn't imported into Cyan's system in a usable form. It's unfortunate that you missed that message in #40 because the problem could've been fixed at that time.

Other than the backers email address you've already used, your other option would be to create a support ticket at http://support.cyan.com/index.php although at this point I doubt you'll get assistance any faster that way. Cyan has quite the backlog of requests and a severe lack of people (they're an extremely small team).
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby JohnnyK42 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:46 pm

This morning Cyan send the download link.
Thanks to all for your help.

JohnnyK
JohnnyK42

Postby pat_trick » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 am

Glad to hear it was resolved! Sorry that it took so long after the game's release. :(
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)