Obduction Fund-Raising Idea

Obduction Fund-Raising Idea

Postby Tai'lahr » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:03 pm

From the Obduction Kickstarter comments:

LINDA WOLLETT wrote:@Everyone – I don’t have ‘community’ experience like this and so I hope this post doesn’t violate etiquette. (I’m here because I really want this game to be produced.) So, may I brainstorm a little? If Mr. Wodehouse agrees to create NomadMolly’s caricature, what if this group could raise $850 and get it in the game? LornaHartman already shared an email address for the Facebook ad so she could be the collection point if she’s willing and available. Am I daft to suggest such a thing? Wouldn't that be a great momento of this group?

(I suggested she start a thread here to discuss it and she asked me to start it for her since she still needs to get signed up and wanted to get the ball rolling.)
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Re: Obduction Fund-Raising Idea

Postby MoP » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:01 am

I have seen this done a couple of times on Kickstarter projects, where communities (usually from a specific website) had a "private" fundraiser to get a higher-end tier for that community (like a specific in-game place, monument etc. referring to them). Would probably require someone (Lorna?) setting up, or using their PayPal account?
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby LVTR4EVR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks for your reply MoP. I got approval today to reply in this form which reveals my newbie status. And now I have doubts that this can be coordinated by end of day 11/15. Regarding collection, I have a paypal account but I've never collected money from anyone so, I fear that my inexperience might cause problems that can't be resolved in time. Regarding what to submit for the easter egg, I did get a caricature of NomadMolly and her fliers (and the fliers on her car were featured in today's 20th update by Cyan, BTW) but anyone interested in contributing to an easter egg might like us to submit something that relates to them personally. Again, I'm not an artist nor do I have photoshop so I'm basically offering the idea only and a financial contribution. So what do you think? Too much to do before 11/15? :?:
LVTR4EVR
Obduction Backer

Postby MoP » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Ooh, I like the flier idea, since it was featured in an update it would kinda be a reference to the campaign itself as well (since as far as I know the project pages stay on Kickstarter for an undetermined amount of time, the image could be retraced afterwards). Then again so is Molly ;)

Not sure myself about the logistics at the moment, not that many still seem to be active here on the forums, and the comments section on Kickstarter on the other hand can be often way too hectic to organise something. But I don't think it would necessarily have to be finished before 11/15, Cyan will undoubtedly continue to collect donations via PayPal after the campaign is over, and I'm sure they'd allow another slot for this. Maybe start it now on Kickstarter while the excitement is high, and then in case the amount isn't gathered by the end, continue on the forums?

I also thought maybe the MOULa crowd would be interested? They are the "old guard" after all, staying with Cyan and supporting the resurrected Uru Live through the tough times. Maybe a nod to MOULa itself or the community in Obduction would be appropriate?
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby LVTR4EVR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks for your interest, MoP. I'm on a borrowed computer so Moula is not an option for me now. Also not computer literate so I hope this link works - it's the pic of Molly's car that Cyan used in the update today. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/jVWaG ... w140-h89-p

The pic represents all the work that backers are doing to spread the word about Obduction. I'd love to have an easter egg inserted in the game but that price tag :o So, if enough people at this forum shows interest tonight or tomorrow, I'll give it a try. Wish I had thought of it sooner though.
LVTR4EVR
Obduction Backer

Postby LVTR4EVR » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:49 pm

The Egg-sibitionist reward for an $850 pledge to Obduction would be a truly unique gift for an avid gamer. More than unique, it would be the only gift of its kind in the universe. A family picture or picture of loved one or other treasured photo or artwork could be inserted in the game as an easter egg. There are 32 slots left at the time of this post. The kickstarter ends 11/16 9am EST. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction
LVTR4EVR
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)