Kickstarter Comments Preserved

Kickstarter Comments Preserved

Postby janaba1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:04 am

Hi, everyone ... :P

When this whole excitement and Kickstarter Obduction fever started I was, as everybody is, of course, so excited and so very much deeply touched by all those beautiful, beautiful stories, stories of lives, profoundly affected by Cyan World's creations and spirit that went into those so that I one day decided to preserve them into easily to glance through PDF files, and with my freeware PDF program 'PDF-XChange PDF Viewer' I can easily perform searches for special terms and names, and I can highlight those and I can create bookmarks, which I did already for the Cyanists, or add comments etc. ...

Now that we have this wonderful 'Thank You, Cyan' webpage one might think that this made my efforts obsolete, but I don't think so, not at all, though I first stopped my little project, which in the first place wasn't intended to be provided to the public anyway, it was comfortable just for myself, and then, last weekend, when the heat went up and the momentum was rising and building again, I resumed my efforts, that's why the KS comments PDF7 is much bigger than the other ones as for catching up with so many comments which I first abandoned (but read and enjoyed) for a week lol ...

Afterwards I decided to see that all through, now that we have not many days to go anyway, and to provide it to the public ... :)

I thought it might serve anyone who likes to look back and reminisce about the great times, community and fun we've had in these days and weeks with awesome high energies and efforts by every single one, participating and contributing the best he/she can, with so many old and new Myst/Riven/Uru fans feeling and heeding the call, everybody in his/her own special way, and what is so wonderful, with so many new people from other adventure games and fields of interest feeling the excitement, being inspired and jumping on that bandwagon ...

I myself had such a great and wonderful time, so, even if I couldn't join into the fun in the KS comments section, my best, deepest and fondest wishes, energies and thoughts and my excitement have been and still are with you (us) all and with all at Cyan ... This community is just so stunningly awesome and exceptional and has absolutely proven and demonstrated yet again that 'Cyan really has the best fans in the world' ... As for Cyan I'd say that they have shown to us, esp. in the last few weeks, that they completely deserved and still or even more so deserve our confidence, loyalty and support ... :)

Ok, what was affirming my intention to upload this for public use besides other thoughts as posted above was e.g. Tai'lahr's grabbing of links off the KS comments for Mac's awesome D'ni Sphider search engine, which will be incredibly facilitated with those PDF files as 'all links' are completely preserved ... you'd need of course a reader which activates them and has a comfortable search facility which provides search results in one go all at once, which is what the PDF XChange Viewer does, I don't know the potential of the Adobe Acrobat Reader etc. ... 8-)

Yeah, everyone, it may be that anybody else has done something similar already and even better, but for those who didn't stumble upon such an occasion yet and are interested to keep this collection for the future and nostalgic moments in the long wait over the next two years for our next great adventure, please download the first batch of 8 PDF files as a zip archive here (8.45 MB) ...
I will add the next ones as single files, maybe every other day as we go and complete this wonderful time until Saturday, so, stay tuned and just look under the provided link, which is a folder where I will upload and save all future files (two or three I suppose) ... Maybe someone of you likes to provide this link in the KS comments section for anybody interested ...

Now let's just have some more fun and see you all on Friday in the DMR's and maybe additionally Obductee's neighborhood for the 'Final Countdown Party' ... :D
Last edited by janaba1 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Re: Kickstarter Comments Preserved

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Mediafire seems to be having a problem right now :( But I can probably host those files for you on my server ;)
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby janaba1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks for the info, Mac, but I can easily access the file through that link (without being logged in lol). It has also been downloaded already ... This is a direct link to the archive, maybe that works better for some ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby dgelessus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

janaba1 wrote:Thanks for the info, Mac, but I can easily access the file through that link (without being logged in lol). It has also been downloaded already ... This is a direct link to the archive, maybe that works better for some ... :D

Your link got pinked.
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:29 am

Hey, janaba, this is a really great initiative! :D
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 am

Thank you, Acorn, you're welcome ... and I just uploaded the next file containing comments from yesterday afternoon my time (GMT+1) = yesterday morning Mountain/KI time until this morning KI time (my afternoon lol) ... :D

Anyone having problems getting into that folder, please, follow this direct link to the new archive ... Enjoy ... :P
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby talldarkmystere » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:17 am

janaba1 wrote:Thank you, Acorn, you're welcome ... and I just uploaded the next file containing comments from yesterday afternoon my time (GMT+1) = yesterday morning Mountain/KI time until this morning KI time (my afternoon lol) ... :D

Anyone having problems getting into that folder, please, follow this direct link to the new archive ... Enjoy ... :P

I'd be happy to host this stuff on obducted.com
MO:UL - SirDerpsalot
KI #107622

I see the mountain ahead, but I am not worried; I have a spoon.
talldarkmystere
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:29 am

talldarkmystere wrote:I'd be happy to host this stuff on obducted.com

Oh, you're very much welcome to do that, talldarkmystere or anyone else, I'm very glad if this will serve wonderful purposes or just make someone happy ... :P

I've even just uploaded a zip archive of the Word documents those PDF files are based on (I create them in LibreOffice, which then grabs all those links and pictures etc. and creates those comfortable PDFs), in case anyone would like to edit/modify those in whatever way and create their own PDFs etc. ... This archive is stored in that same folder as posted above, you can also download the documents zip file directly here ... Enjoy ... :D

I've seen that you've mentioned it in the KS comments, Tai'lahr, but the chat there is running so fast in this excitement, almost as in-game lol, but thanks, nevertheless ... :mrgreen:
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi, guys, the next files are uploaded, means the KS comments from yesterday morning until this morning KI Mountain time ... I've uploaded the PDF and the resp. Word document ... :P

So, this of course is the most energetic one ... it was awesome to scroll through the tension and excitement before and after we hit that first important goal, and I've set some important bookmarks already as always ... if someone doesn't like that just delete them and set your own ... sometimes I've highlighted Cyanists texts, if someone doesn't like that create your own PDF with those Word docs e.g. or tell me to create those anew ... sometimes one wants to do sth good and convenient, but others want or need it completely different that's why I've started to stop highlighting passages now ... Yeah, just saying, so that you know that all options are available, just let me know ... :)

Then, today, I've added not a text, but a usual PDF graphics (printer driver PDF) screenshot (that's why it's larger than the others) in that folder, I've just taken it in the moment when Salvo Ludus was requesting it for RAWA's Mama, who has been declared the 'Official Obduction Community Ambassador' to Cyan, yesterday, and it happened that I just saw it ... Maybe someone of you could tell that RAWA's Mama or Salvo Ludus that this is available and where to download it ... Thanks ... :mrgreen:

As always, and it seems that the link is working properly when seeing the successful downloads, you can download everything from this link, which is a folder containing all those files ... In case anyone needed the direct link to the single files/archives or had whatever problems with accessing the files, please, let me know ... Enjoy ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Janaba, have I told you lately how awesome you are? :)
I expect to see RAWA's mama in the chat tomorrow and will try to remember to point her here.
Thanks for all you do! :)
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Acorn1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:33 pm

+1 :D

but you too, Tai' :mrgreen:
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Awww ... many thanks to you both ... I could ask you back just the same, and in case I've missed it by now, you're so wonderful and doing such a great job with everything, and your Obduction Links Collection is just the awesomeness ... Thanks a lot again and for being with us and just the way you are ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi, everyone, the latest comments/PDF files are up and ready to be downloaded ... :P

What a great and exciting time this has been ... now that this KS campaign has come to an end, it is by all means not really an end, but an absolute promising and magical new beginning ... As it seems, Ryan has gone ahead already or has he been taken resp. obducted? ... Nevertheless he will thus be able to test the grounds for us and provide further inspiration and epiphanic realizations from intergalactic levels and spheres to the Cyan Worlds team so that they'll be able to more realistically implement and materialize that all for us ... 8-)

I'm just uploading a no.13 PDF and Word doc file, which contains a few more congratulations, confirmations for Amazon Payments and credit card charges as well as many useful links e.g. like the one to these KS comments files and Tai'lahr's Obduction link collection etc. etc. ... so that we might have the whole period and campaign including a short aftermath covered, means, I think that is it so far and this one will be the last ... We have the MOUL and the Cyan forums here, and soon Cyan will open the Obduction forums for further discussions and speculations while we're all waiting in joyful anticipation of our new adventure to explore and to indulge in ... :mrgreen:

I've just seen that Mac_Fife has prepared a Kickstarter comments section for these PDF files on his great Obduction Blog, where you can find and read or download them ... Thank you, Mac ... :)

As always you can of course download these files from my MediaFire account here ... Enjoy ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi there, me again ... :mrgreen:

I've just replaced every single PDF file, means all 13 with new ones, so, maybe someone might have experienced problems to download anything, though I think I've chosen a fortunate time for those operations lol, now that many might be sleeping and/or not yet thinking of grabbing the comments ... ;)

What I have changed is that I have removed the predefined bookmarks in each file, which the program is setting for every single comment entry, and those might veil the ones I myself have single-handedly set to everyone's convenience, which are the Cyantists comments as well as exciting developments like countdowns and pointers to great links, videos, hangouts and such, on mostly 400 to 600 pages per file with thousands of comments this might come in handy ... :P

Besides that I thought, now that this project is complete, it might be more comfortable to have all 13 PDF files in one archive (and the 13 Word documents in an extra archive), which I have just uploaded ... Yeah, that is it ... now I am pleased and as for myself this is now really complete ... Enjoy ... :D
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am

wow, janaba, you're tireless! Thank you SO much for organising this for us all.
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)