[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
CYAN Forums • View topic - How Obduction could work on any device - game streaming

How Obduction could work on any device - game streaming

How Obduction could work on any device - game streaming

Postby Dusante » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I used to play a few games from Onlive back when that was active and it worked really well. I see tonnes of people wanting to play Obduction but don't have anywhere near the specs to play and likely would never play other games to justify a new computer. I can totally see those people streaming the game on the few game streaming services left. Given it doesn't require any twitch reflex, it's kind of a perfect contender for game streaming.

So, discuss! I know the development team is hammered with bug fixes, but it's totally a cool way of getting this game to so many different devices, and likely doesn't require a whole lot of coding to get set up, the game already worked perfectly on my steam controller.

https://www.gamefly.com

http://about.ugamenow.com/developers.html
Dusante
Obduction Backer

Re: How Obduction could work on any device - game streaming

Postby lofll » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 pm

I've been playing together with family members by streaming it to them while on the phone with them. We're having a great time with it. The setup I'm using doesn't give them control, and if it did the delay would be unacceptably slow (their video is about 1-2 seconds behind mine.) I'm not aware of any onlive-equivalent service, but you could roll your own. It would be tough to set up though.

Even my config required a lot of time to set up, because the streaming services like twitch seem to have very long delays (10-20 seconds.) I'm streaming from OBS to an nginx rtmp server running on a separate computer in my local network, and they connect by visiting my website which loads a grind player flash applet configured to point to my router, which forwards the rtmp connection to nginx.
lofll

Postby bigstu80 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:07 pm

I just posted a rather wordy post about my experience setting up nginx + rtmp. Good to see other people doing the same thing with the same kind of performance :)
bigstu80
Obduction Backer

Postby pat_trick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:05 am

People can also stream over Twitch or other platforms!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)