What Obducted Birds Know

What Obducted Birds Know

Postby BrettM » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:34 pm

(Mods: I don't think this really constitutes a spoiler, but feel free to move it if you like.)

So, while exploring Hunrath I ran across a painting that instantly stopped me in my tracks and would have made me squeal in delight if I were younger or female. The painting depicts the three main characters from the great webcomic "What Birds Know" -- Vandi, Elia, and Dores. The various nods to the Myst/Uru universe are appreciated as well, but those were somewhat to be expected and less worthy of remark that a reference to outside work. Would someone at Cyan care to identify the WBK fan(s) on the dev team responsible for this little tribute?
*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
BrettM

Re: What Obducted Birds Know

Postby Altairien » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:03 pm

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then I believe it's a Backer Reward (one of the "Be the Artist" levels) so a Backer did it or had it done.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Castro » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:47 am

This was one of the backer rewards, I actually did not know the characters were from a web comic when I made the frame for it, so thank you for that information!
"You only Yolo once, or something"
Castro
Cyan Employee

Postby BrettM » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:01 am

Heh. It turns out that Mattias Thorelli, one of the artists of "What Birds Know", is also an Obduction backer and is the source of the painting. Pretty cool.
*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
BrettM

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)