Betting the after-launch is harder than the launch

Betting the after-launch is harder than the launch

Postby Charura » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:17 pm

I wouldn't want to be in anyones shoes @ Cyan after the launch of Obduction....So many questions, issues, bugs to work out...My experience so far has been pleasant... I have a under-achiever PC my Dad left me in 2009... My uncle has been able, so far, to up-grade the CPU from 2.6 GHZ to 3.4GHZ and change the power supply from 145 watts to 600... I'm working with a GT640 GPU on low to medium settings... Overall ... I'm impressed that Cyan did what they always do...think of the people and give us a game that is awesome and playable to 95% of the people out there... Mac users, hang in there...I'm sure they are banging their heads against the walls in Mead to get this done for you....
Last edited by Charura on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Re: Betting the after-launch is harder than the launch

Postby Tahgtahv » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:07 am

Exactly. It's so good to read a good comment once in a while. There are so many topics over on the Steam forums ranging from just stupid to toxic. I sort of understand their frustration, but this is really to be expected for just about any game.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Mystdee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:15 am

Charura wrote:I wouldn't want to be in anyones shoes @ Cyan after the launch of Obduction....So many questions, issues, bugs to work out...My experience so far has been pleasant... I have a under-achiever PC my Dad left me in 2009... My uncle has been able, so far, to up-grade the CPU from 2.6 GHZ to 3.4GHZ and change the power supply from 145 watts to 600... I'm working with a GT640 GPU on low to medium settings... Overall ... I'm impressed that Cyan did what they always do...think of the people and give us a game that is awesome and playable to 95% of the people out there... Mac users, hang in there...I'm sure they are banging their heads against the walls in Mead to get this done for you....
Agreed! Also they have all the KS rewards to get to and people complaining or asking "Where's My reward, I should have already gotten it!!" Monumental job to please everyone. . .that's why it generally doesn't happen!
Mystdee
Obduction Backer

Postby pat_trick » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:42 am

Tahgtahv wrote:Exactly. It's so good to read a good comment once in a while. There are so many topics over on the Steam forums ranging from just stupid to toxic. I sort of understand their frustration, but this is really to be expected for just about any game.

It's important to note that 3/4 of the posts on the Steam discussion boards are Trolls. Just report them, don't respond, and move along.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:56 pm

A lot of the rants out there (on the Web) concern the inhability to launch the game because the computer is too old or too slow. I think it's mischievous to rant about that. You know what are the specs. Either you comply with them or you don't. I'm running this game on one of my many hard disks. It's the most used one. The other ones are for storage-only purposes. I can do video encoding (with Handbrake) & downloading stuff (high fibre connection so a lot of Data flowing in), all this while playing that game without any issues. The game is working like a charm. I might have crashed 2 or 3 times only. I've completed the game from start to finish 4 times to this day.

I know there are issues with Mac users which doesn't fall in "computer too old or too slow" so for them I can understand their miscontentement. No game is perfect anyway. Some might think wrongfully that since they backed the whole thing, they "own" it so Cyan "owe" them the game... They should revised their thoughts. I prefer having a state-of-the-art game using the most advanced technology (Unreal 4) than getting a so-so game using so-so technology. Sure thing, we didn't back a game running on Unreal 4 back in 2013-2014 but ... hey! Unreal 4 wasn't even invented! ;)

Oh BTW for the record... I'm a backer myself but I'm not able to be recognised as one. I used another email address to pay them and I cannot contact their support because when i go there: [email protected], they tell me, you must confirm your account but I cannot, it's a catch-22 situation. And we cannot create a 2nd account.
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar
Annabelle

Postby pat_trick » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Annabelle wrote:Sure thing, we didn't back a game running on Unreal 4 back in 2013-2014 but ... hey! Unreal 4 wasn't even invented! ;)

The Unreal 4 Engine was first demoed and made available in 2014: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_En ... l_Engine_4
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 pm

In 2014, you are right pat_trick...

but I backed Obduction project on November 13th, 2013 ;)

I know because I finally decided to prove Cyan I backed Obduction to get access to the private Backers Only Forum :)
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar
Annabelle

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)