Private Backer Forums - Updates

Private Backer Forums - Updates

Postby robfilmmaker » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am

Is there an ETA on when the private backer forums will be launched? I know its only been a week since the kickstarter ended, but I'm anxious for discussions/content. Also what will the frequency of general updates on the project be as well?
robfilmmaker
Obduction Backer

Re: Private Backer Forums - Updates

Postby Acorn1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Ryan Warzecha posted 14 hours ago on the Obduction Kickstarter comments page - which is still going strong -
The backers forums will be up soon and we will let you know how to access them.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby wstrohm » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

People are asking about the Backers' Forum... it's 2014 and this forum is very quiet... how about a Cyan input here from Ryan (or a cohort)? Thanks!
---- Bill (sometimes "Wanobi," sometimes "Olallie" in MOUL)
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby illu45 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:28 pm

wstrohm wrote:People are asking about the Backers' Forum... it's 2014 and this forum is very quiet... how about a Cyan input here from Ryan (or a cohort)? Thanks!

Agreed. Especially since 'soon' has now turned into over 2 months...
illu45
Obduction Backer

Postby MoP » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Ryan posted about what's been going on in the Kickstarter thread:
greydragon wrote:What has Cyan been doing? Well many of the employees are finishing up Real Myst Masterpiece. Just when we think its done... we find something to tweek. These delays will make the game/experience better in the end.

Rand is knee deep in database code for the backer rewards.

We also celebrated the holidays with friends and family.

I hoped to see the Obduction forums up at this point, but I too have to wait. We seem to be a waiting bunch the lot of us. I'm personally coming up on my six year anniversary since being laid off from Cyan Inc. Its been quite a wait! I'm glad to be returning very very soon.

So what else is going on? Well, I'll be pretty open about this. We are assembling our team. Many of the individuals who worked on the Kickstarter campaign had other full-time jobs to pay the bills. Many were former Cyan employees who wanted to again work with a talented team and on a passionate project at an awesome company.

Not all members will be hired right away, but a core group has already started work on the project. During the campaign you saw many broad strokes of the Obduction concept. It's time to get down to the nitty gritty.

So what can we do while we wait? I was looking for a big red button to push earlier, but didn't find anything suitable. As the community we have until Feb 28th to get to our goal of 1.7 Million. I totally believe we can do this. I want Roadtrip mode and another world. Its time to hit the button and launch this rocket-ship.

“But Ryan?,” you might say. “Why can't we just keep Paypal open indefinitely?”

At some point we need to know the budget so we can plan our scope appropriately. This is why we have until Feb 28th 2014.

Thank you for you patience.
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby illu45 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

MoP wrote:Ryan posted about what's been going on in the Kickstarter thread:
greydragon wrote:What has Cyan been doing? Well many of the employees are finishing up Real Myst Masterpiece. Just when we think its done... we find something to tweek. These delays will make the game/experience better in the end.

Rand is knee deep in database code for the backer rewards.

We also celebrated the holidays with friends and family.

I hoped to see the Obduction forums up at this point, but I too have to wait. We seem to be a waiting bunch the lot of us. I'm personally coming up on my six year anniversary since being laid off from Cyan Inc. Its been quite a wait! I'm glad to be returning very very soon.

So what else is going on? Well, I'll be pretty open about this. We are assembling our team. Many of the individuals who worked on the Kickstarter campaign had other full-time jobs to pay the bills. Many were former Cyan employees who wanted to again work with a talented team and on a passionate project at an awesome company.

Not all members will be hired right away, but a core group has already started work on the project. During the campaign you saw many broad strokes of the Obduction concept. It's time to get down to the nitty gritty.

So what can we do while we wait? I was looking for a big red button to push earlier, but didn't find anything suitable. As the community we have until Feb 28th to get to our goal of 1.7 Million. I totally believe we can do this. I want Roadtrip mode and another world. Its time to hit the button and launch this rocket-ship.

“But Ryan?,” you might say. “Why can't we just keep Paypal open indefinitely?”

At some point we need to know the budget so we can plan our scope appropriately. This is why we have until Feb 28th 2014.

Thank you for you patience.

Thanks for reminding me of this. That's true, we have had an update of sorts, although with the Paypal deadline fast approaching, I really think it would be nice to have the team a bit more active.
illu45
Obduction Backer

Postby MoP » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Or maybe I'll start sifting through stuff this weekend. :)
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby aloys » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:40 pm

**cue drum rolls** ;)
aloys
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)