Obduction ARG - Continuing the Quest

Re: Obduction ARG - Continuing the Quest

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 pm

I found one for Paris, but it happened on January 28th, not actually in February. It's the right year though, and it's almost the right month.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1062.htm
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:56 am

Sorry Magic88889, wrong year ;)

We're *pretty* sure the Paris date is in 1894 :) (and the Idaho date definitely is 1819).

Interesting find, though, and definitely of the right ilk.
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby AlanD » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:11 am

Catching up on this thread, I am reminded of an SF story that might have some relevance: "Millennium" by John Varley (also made into a film). The central plot device is a time gate that allows the dwindling, gene-damaged population of a future earth to plunder the past for relatively undamaged humans, with the intention of rebulding the population on a new, uncontaminated planet.

They can only take people who would have no further effect on the timeline, that is, those who are already down in history as having "vanished" or who are the victims of disasters that leave unidentifiable remains. Any trace of their meddling would result in a paradox that would affect the future.

The relevance to this thread is that perhaps we should be looking for similar types of event, where people have vanished without trace or disasters have ocurred, in circumstances that would allow for people to be taken, whole and undamaged, without observation by any survivors left behind?

Apologies if this has already been raised on Facebook. I'm not ready to go back to that incoherent muddle yet...
KI numbers:
11981 AlanD
12305 AlanDJ
AlanD
Obduction Backer

Postby Marten » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:30 pm

What I want to know is - what is our next step?

• Do we draw these points on a map? Does that point us to another location? (I see this has been covered in another thread.)
  • What about the dates - is there some sort of pattern? It seems like the frequency of the events gradually increases over time. If we plot these out, does it point to the next event?
  • If those don't work out, what other approaches might we try? Dates are numbers, and locations can also be numbers, if you convert them to GPS co-ordinates. Seems like more of a long shot, but maybe we should try that?

Not going to join Facebook just to discuss this - pity the thread there is blocked unless you're a member.
MOULa KI: 26838 | Prologue Videos | Visit rel.to to explore Myst, Uru, and D'ni communities!
Click here for social/game profiles
Marten
Obduction Backer

Postby WeldFord » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:33 am

I don't know if anyone noticed it but the quotes on the Obduction website have changed (2 new) :

Before :
“Rest assured, others have come before you, and others will follow.” - B. Sims
“I regret I must opine that I cannot at this time afford you my trust.” - C. Davis
“Beyond the beauty of it all is a system and structure that defies understanding.” - C. Farley
“I have a reasonable notion that tenuous events may have occurred .“ - C. Davis

Now :
“Rest assured, others have come before you, and others will follow.” - B. Sims
“ ...the realities of the current situation make it difficult to assuage fears.” - J. Janssen
“Beyond the beauty of it all is a system and structure that defies understanding.” - C. Farley
“I am inclined to believe that things have not gone well.“ - C. Davis

I still don't know what to think about it..maybe regarding the new trailer it has something to do with the letter o ?
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby Malfhok » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:25 am

I'm wondering how many of those quotes are attributed to characters in the game. Check out this Kickstarter update for character names: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cy ... ts/1221508

At least one matches. Maybe the ones that don't match characters should be investigated?
Cosmic Osmo for iOS is a must!
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:26 am

WeldFord wrote:maybe regarding the new trailer it has something to do with the letter o ?

I would think that the letter "o" being prominently featured in the trailer means nothing more than "Obduction" and is simply meant to promote the game.

(Of course, I could be wrong; this ARG is out of my league.)
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby wstrohm » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:51 am

Being of simple mind, I thought the "O" represented the original "seed" that fell to Earth.
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby WeldFord » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:54 am

I don't think there is anything special with the o actually, I just thought it was a bit out of place during the video and, maybe there a symbolic reason why they decided to show it that way, like the representation of the seed.

So, (if there is an ARG) they may have chosen the same symbolic
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby Carolyn » Sat May 07, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm not sure how noteworthy this is, or if it's been pointed out before, but hiredark.com now redirects to cyan.com (and all of hiredark's subpages return an error). This seems somewhat odd, considering the fact that obduct.me and hunrath.com are both still up.
MO:ULagain KI: #00042189 (unused) • #01521023
The cavern is Image, Minkata is Image
@rivenimagebot@CavernCondition
Carolyn

Postby Carolyn » Sat May 07, 2016 1:50 pm

(Okay, so I looked around a bit, and it would seem that hiredark's downtime is not intentional, and is instead down to a recurring problem with Cyan's servers. Ignore me.)
Carolyn

Postby HollyBluebird » Sun May 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello everyone, carolyn great to see another girl on this forum! :) What is a hiredark and how does it relate to Cyan if I can ask? :) I am clueless?

And with the quotes I can't find it any where on the kickstarter site and its also take off from the cyan website too?
HollyBluebird

Postby Carolyn » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

Greetings, Holly!

'hiredark.com' was part of the Obduction ARG, leading up to the announcement of Obduction and its Kickstarter. When the website was online, it displayed a timer, counting down in milliseconds to January 6, 2014 (22:00 UTC). So far, no-one has figured out the significance of that date and time, and as far as we can tell, absolutely nothing happened; when the timer hit zero, it just kept descending into negative.

If you want to find out more about the ARG, I'd recommend reading the 'Obduction ARG' page on the OpenUru.org wiki, which is complete up to the Kickstarter, and the rest can mostly be found in this forum thread.
Carolyn

Postby Tai'lahr » Mon May 09, 2016 3:05 pm

HollyBluebird wrote:Hello everyone, carolyn great to see another girl on this forum! I am clueless?

Yes, you are. Carolyn may be the first name you recognized as a girl's name, but this forum has many female members and a few have even contributed to your threads.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Charura » Tue May 10, 2016 8:54 am

What Tai'lahr said... :lol:
Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)