Obduction Loading Times?

Re: Obduction Loading Times?

Postby wstrohm » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks for your reply, Marten.
The Mac version is still a work in progress. Cyan has said that Obduction will not work correctly until Apple releases a "Metal API" update. Reference: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cy ... ts/1725790
According to the Unreal4 Crash Report I see after Obduction crashes, the problem is with the "GeForceMTLDriverWeb" file that is deep within the "Contents" of /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle. I believe that file is supplied with the latest nVidia graphics driver, which is in my case 367.15.10.15f03 (for Sierra version 10.12.1). Of course I have no idea whether this is true; computerized error messages are so famous for lying to the user.

Also, selecting "Public Preview" in "Properties/Local Files" displays a text field requirement for a "Check Code," and I have no idea what that means, but if I don't input one, there is no response to clicking the button to proceed. I was able to re-download my Obduction app by leaving the "Public Preview" selection, but it is the same (version 1.2.0) file I had since that update.
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Re: Obduction Loading Times?

Postby Marten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Hey Bill,

Apparently your account vanishing was a precursor to a complete meltdown of Cyan's support system. It's now offline. http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 00#p424600

Bad news: Support system is broken.
Good news: It obviously wasn't anything personal. :lol:
MOULa KI: 26838 | Prologue Videos | Visit rel.to to explore Myst, Uru, and D'ni communities!
Click here for social/game profiles
Marten
Obduction Backer

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)