[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
CYAN Forums • View topic - How do we get the word out?

How do we get the word out?

Re: How do we get the word out?

Postby Baladria » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:48 pm

^^ Oh along this route... Halloween is coming up. :mrgreen:
MOULa KI: 00212408
Read my ramblings:
Baladria
Obduction Backer

Postby Anna Catherine » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:50 pm

I know Cyan probably doesn't have the resources to produce and sell merchandise right now, but I think it would be cool if they would offer a t-shirt logo that fans could print out as an iron-on to make our own "official" Obduction shirts. It doesn't seem like that would take a whole lot in the way of resources (they could charge a few bucks to download it to offset the cost) and it would give them a bit of extra visibility. I'm sure I can't be the only fan who would wear an Obduction t-shirt but for whatever reason couldn't get one during the first round.
Anna Catherine
Obduction Backer

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:23 pm

I second Anna Catherine's idea

The Logo would allow me to have a shirt or Hoodie that I would actually be able to wear.
The reward shirt I received was only a 2x in size - I wear a large 3x or a small 4x

Needless to say my reward shirt is NOT wearable...
Computer = ,

Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby Floydman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Floydman
Obduction Backer

Postby Robin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:19 pm

"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Try to assimilate the world!"
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Robin
Obduction Backer

Postby Floydman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Floydman
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:40 am

I've had the experience, when doing a public presentation, of being asked why I didn't put up a QR code for people to capture as it was "too much trouble" to type in the domain name of my website (which was only five letters plus ".org").
Mac - MOULagain KI# 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby belford » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:15 am

My experience is that QR codes never took off, are already vanishing, and were only ever pushed by marketing departments.

So, yes, there is some cultural clash here. :)
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Robin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:37 pm

"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Try to assimilate the world!"
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Robin
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Maybe link it to the Steam of Gog page? There they can watch the trailer, read about it, and read some (hopefully) positive reviews.

Don't know how well that works on mobile though.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:07 am

Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Marten » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:23 pm

The Obduction website was originally built to adjust for mobile devices (at low resolutions, the navigation controls change to a dropdown page selector).

Unfortunately, it's clear that whoever built the current main and BUY NOW! pages did not test those on mobile. That's unfortunate, because the other pages seem to apply progressive reduction (or whatever the current phrase is) quite nicely.

I suggest reaching out to someone at Cyan to remind them that their site needs to work on mobile. This is a mandate!
MOULa KI: 26838 | | Visit to explore Myst, Uru, and D'ni communities!
Marten
Obduction Backer

Postby matthornb » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:47 am

Mobile device support is a no-brainer given the ubiquity of phones. Cyan needs to make this a priority.

As for my statements earlier, we have to hit a balance between acknowledging the flaws of Cyan's games, and pointing out that they still have merit despite these flaws.

Because Cyan's games, while imperfect, do have a whole lot going for them.

I myself have a plan for a personal [small, dirt cheap, but highly efficient] promotional campaign for Obduction planned out in the next 72 hours which should make some slight difference.

Between that, other fans' efforts, and the VR-support update, maybe things will soon improve.
Matthew L. Hornbostel, creator of ,
, and
matthornb

Postby korovev » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:46 am

(possible spoilers)

MacOS , , , .
korovev
Obduction Backer

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)