Obduction backer forums

Re: Obduction backer forums

Postby Lord Tulla » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:18 am

Sunsanvil wrote:Backers are supposed to see the backers forum now right? ... but I still don't see/can't access the backers forum....
I'm new to this but from what I understand access to the backer's forum requires you to also register at the Cyan Support website - using the same email address as that used when you contributed to Obduction.

I've done that but there is some type of problem I (and others) are having activating that support site registration - the Welcome message is not being received. That issue will be addressed by greydragon this week.

Once that registration issue is corrected I'm not sure how access to the backer's forum is established. I'm assuming that someone at Cyan (greydradon perhaps) creates that backer forum access via some type of user profile permission, and once done the backer forum becomes visible when you next log on to this website.

If that is not the case, I would hope someone will correct my assumption.
Cyberpower Zeus Mini II; MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC MB; Intel i5-6600K;16GB; GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB; 16GB DDR4
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby Lord Tulla » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:28 am

In another Backer forum topic in this public forum, I found this answer:
If You're on the same e-mail address as on Kickstarter and didn't get auto-permitted into the mystical Backer Forums (I'm in that boat as well), we're supposed to send support tickets, via their support page: support.cyan.com You'll have to register there as well, it's a separate account; I didn't get the confirmation e-mail the first time and had to have it re-sent (the option will appear on the main page after You've registered but still not activated an account).
Later in that same topic another user stated that the access to the backer forum was intended to be automatic.

Apparently there are some small 'bumps in the road" as some users are not being automatically granted access to the backer's forum. I suspect Cyan is aware of these issues and will be working to correct them...
Cyberpower Zeus Mini II; MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC MB; Intel i5-6600K;16GB; GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB; 16GB DDR4
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Lord Tulla wrote:Later in that same topic another user stated that the access to the backer forum was intended to be automatic.
Well, it's probably more "pseudo-automatic": Cyan probably run a script on the forum database that compares user email addresses against the KS backers list of email addresses and will then activate the forum access if it finds a match. But that script is run periodically, maybe every couple of days, so while "automated" it doesn't mean "instantaneous". Such a script will put a load on the forum database, so they probably don't want to run it too frequently.

For those users who don't use the same email address here as they do on Kickstarter, then you can either raise a support ticket (which assumes that you've got an account on the Support site) or wait for the Kickstarter survey to come out, as you'll get a chance then to nominate your associated forum account. For either of these cases, access to the backers only forum is a manual exercise for someone to verify the details and set the usergroup membership.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Lord Tulla » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Mac_Fife wrote:...For those users who don't use the same email address here as they do on Kickstarter, then you can either raise a support ticket (which assumes that you've got an account on the Support site) or wait for the Kickstarter survey to come out, as you'll get a chance then to nominate your associated forum account.
Does a contribution made via PayPal fall into the category of one being made via Kickstarter, or does it require one to initiate a support ticket?

Where would one go to read about the Kickstarter survey you mentioned?

Thanks...
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 am

Lord Tulla wrote:Does a contribution made via PayPal fall into the category of one being made via Kickstarter, or does it require one to initiate a support ticket?
Good question. I don't know.

As for the survey, there's not a lot to read - greydragon mentions it here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=145&p=3594#p3594
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)