Obduction backer forums

Re: Obduction backer forums

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:29 am

Tweek wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:Some, if not many, use separate email accounts per registration, especially if a 3rd party (not you - KickStarter) has our email address on their server. It would be quite friendly if we could maintain the email addresses we intentionally use to register on different sites. What if every Kickstarter project required the same thing?

Exactly, I use a specific email account for purchases (and Kickstarter) and a different one for gaming related stuff (and game forums).
Likewise. I maybe go a bit further and use different emails for almost every service I sign up to. Then when spam comes, I know who leaked the address.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby rarified » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Mac_Fife wrote:
Tweek wrote:... Exactly, I use a specific email account for purchases (and Kickstarter) and a different one for gaming related stuff (and game forums).
Likewise. I maybe go a bit further and use different emails for almost every service I sign up to. Then when spam comes, I know who leaked the address.
+1
Me too :roll:
rarified
Obduction Backer

Postby Teknobubba » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Serendipity. Unbeknownst to my left brain, my right brain used the same email address, but with a different password. I'm just checking in and reporting for duty. So, who brought chips?
When you shop, insist on free range corn dogs
Teknobubba
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Please submit a ticket to http://support.cyan.com/ if you used a different address on the forum than your kickstarter or paypal email address. Please include your forum name and the email address you use here, also include the email address you used on Kickstarter / Paypal.

Great news however, about 2,000 members of the forum are also backers. We fixed the script today.

We are going to try to turn it on tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Ryan Warzecha
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:27 pm

greydragon wrote:

We are going to try to turn it on tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Ryan Warzecha

woohoo! :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby ArkhamNative » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:13 am

My first visual image was a huge double knife electrical switch and jacob's ladder apparatus. But that's mad science--wrong genre.
Then I thought "big lever" like Myst. But that's 2 decades ago--a full generation. :o
Anyway, I can't wait to see what the Obduction version is. (A big lever is still ok.) :) When's beta? ;)
ArkhamNative
Obduction Backer

Postby aloys » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 am

ArkhamNative wrote:My first visual image was a huge double knife electrical switch and jacob's ladder apparatus. But that's mad science--wrong genre.
Then I thought "big lever" like Myst. But that's 2 decades ago--a full generation. :o
Anyway, I can't wait to see what the Obduction version is. (A big lever is still ok.) :) When's beta? ;)

I'm partial to the big blue buttons in Rivens used to call the maglevs..
Many games have a 'hype train' prior to their release, could we have a hype maglev? Everyone aboard the obudction hype maglev! (gonna be seriously cramped in this tiny maglev..)
aloys
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Okay 2600 members should have access to the backers forum. I'll be adding people via the support tickets from this point forward... it might be a long night. :)

The survey will have a way to give us your forum email / forum username, but that survey will not go out till the beginning of March.

See you on the other side.

Ryan Warzecha
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby HeadCheese » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:22 am

greydragon wrote:Okay 2600 members should have access to the backers forum. I'll be adding people via the support tickets from this point forward... it might be a long night. :)

Are you saying that the Backers Forum(s) are now up and running?
If so, I'm not seeing them and I guess I need to submit a ticket.
HeadCheese
Obduction Backer

Postby Neptin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:32 am

Yes, I submitted a ticket and the forums appeared. I think this is a nice way to ease people in slowly, to be honest. Rather than all 2,600 requesting at once. It appears for the moment, it's just for the people that care enough to check the forums.. until that march newsletter. ;)
: // we all have our #differentreasons.com
Neptin
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 am

I'm in no rush to get access to the "Backers Only" forum sections, so I'll wait for the survey. In fact, I could probably say that I'm not even sure if I really want to know much more than Cyan are prepared to release publically about Obduction, in advance of it's release :? .
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Rusty_Russell » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Good evening, all! Welcome to the asylum! Sorry - wrong kickstarter. :)
Rusty_Russell
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:45 am

And there we are ... Welcome everyone 'on the other side' as Ryan put this so nicely, where magical new worlds and adventures abound ... :P

Congrats and thanks to you Ryan and all involved at Cyan!!! Though I'd agree with Mac, it is nevertheless good to have a place that might relay a better feeling of familiarity and home than the somehow exiled feeling many will have experienced in the Kickstarter comments section ... So, let the show begin, now it all starts in reality and definitively, and the momentum has to be kept going and growing, though it might need a little refreshing and reanimation right now ... :)

I'm wishing the best of luck and much fun, excitement and a resounding success of course for the fulfillment and realization of all your endeavours, visions and goals to all at Cyan Worlds and the whole community ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby D'arkuk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:28 am

Shorah all, it's good to see the forum up, lets play :D
D'arkuk
Obduction Backer

Postby Talon Edgewater » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Where do I find the backer forum?
Talon Edgewater
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)