Obduction backer forums

Re: Obduction backer forums

Postby light487 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 pm

I've tried submitting a ticket but I can't seem to receive a support.cyan.com activation email. I've waiting hours, tried having it resent and still nothing. So I can't actually submit a support ticket to get support...lovely.

Not that there is any real urgency of course.. but yeh.. would like to get access and also have my support account activated at some point.

My email for this forum is the same as my KS one and the same for support too.
light487
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Feel free to always PM me if you need too... I'll be working on this most of Saturday and some of Sunday. Monday is a holiday for Cyan, but I'm working from home.
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby light487 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 am

greydragon wrote:Feel free to always PM me if you need too... I'll be working on this most of Saturday and some of Sunday. Monday is a holiday for Cyan, but I'm working from home.

Tried that minutes after you posted that.. still waiting. You're busy.. I know.. but just sayin.. I've tried everything and I'm still not able to access those subforums.
light487
Obduction Backer

Postby JWPlatt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 am

From what GD said about working on Saturday, part of Sunday, and from home on Cyan's day off, I suspect it is in progress and he is at risk of carpal tunnel syndrome. ;)
JWPlatt
Creative Kingdoms

Postby Acorn1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 am

Given he was planing to work through the weekend etc, as JWPlatt says, :shock: I really hope he took at least some of Valentine's Day off, to spend with his wife! :roll: ;)
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 pm

I'm trying to do a little bit when I can, but I had to take of Friday evening to spend with my wife. I'll get back to forum access tomorrow afternoon.

Ryan
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby Acorn1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 am

greydragon wrote: I had to take of Friday evening to spend with my wife.
Ryan

You made the right choice I'm sure! Keep things in balance. ;)
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Lord Tulla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:06 am

I have the same problem as light487 - trying to activate my support registration - no activation email received.

Actually, it also happened with my Cyan Forums registration, but Hannah responded to my email for assistance and activated my forum account.

I did send a PM to greydragon, but fully understand and agree that family takes priority... ;)
Cyberpower Zeus Mini II; MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC MB; Intel i5-6600K;16GB; GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB; 16GB DDR4
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby MoP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:32 am

Lord Tulla wrote:I have the same problem as light487 - trying to activate my support registration - no activation email received.

Try re-sending it (the option should appear on the main support page after You've registered an account but haven't activated it), I had the same problem, but a day later noticed the re-send option and it came imminently.
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby Lord Tulla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 am

MoP wrote:Try re-sending it (the option should appear on the main support page after You've registered an account but haven't activated it), I had the same problem, but a day later noticed the re-send option and it came imminently.
I tried that (twice) and no activation email.

I experienced this problem with both my forum and support registrations - registration went fine, but no activation emails were sent. I also tried the "re-sending" link, but nothing... Since it happened with both the forum and support registrations on the same day, I suspect there is a software/server cause.

Hannah manually activated my forum account, and I suspect that greydragon will attend to the support account problem next week (PM sent).
Cyberpower Zeus Mini II; MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC MB; Intel i5-6600K;16GB; GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB; 16GB DDR4
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby MoP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:03 am

Ah, I've just tried the re-sending thing before replying here and it worked for once, so figured maybe the mechanism unclogged itself. Indeed, it's time we play the activation-mini-waiting-game in the Obduction-development-waiting-game ;)
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby Lord Tulla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:29 am

MoP wrote:Ah, I've just tried the re-sending thing before replying here and it worked for once...
You convinced me to try again. The logon went well, but I was unable to go further because I had not "followed the instruction in the Welcome message..." that I never received. So I re-sent the message, and as before nothing came. :|

While I am somewhat disappointed with this "bump in the road", I don't find myself as emotional as others about it. I'm sure it will be worked out soon given a bit of patience... ;)
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Lord Tulla,

I'll need to get to your account on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay.

Ryan
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby Lord Tulla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:28 pm

greydragon wrote:Lord Tulla,
I'll need to get to your account on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay.
Ryan
Thank you. I appreciate your reply and can be patient. I know the problem will be resolved... :)
Lord Tulla
Obduction Backer

Postby Sunsanvil » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 am

Backers are supposed to see the backers forum now right?

I changed my email address to match the one I use at Kickstarter....never got the confirmation/reactivation email. Had to request a resend...got it...reactivated forum account but I still dont see/cant access the backers forum....
Sunsanvil
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)