Missing potential fundraising aka please sell me the artbook

Missing potential fundraising aka please sell me the artbook

Postby Bryan B » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 pm

It seems like the Post Kick Starter isn't getting enough attention, so I keep thinking that there are a lot of people who already pledged a bunch of the tiers that can't afford to get to the next tier so they are done pledging.

Edited for accuracy:
Personally I can't afford to jump from the T-Shirt tier ($120) to the Art book tier ($250). This makes me think, what if the book (t-shirts, poster ,etc.) Could be more ala carte? I would probably buy the book of artwork now if it was $70 or under. How much more money and excitement would be raised if jumping tiers was no longer an obstacle to contributing?
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Re: Missing potential fundraising aka please sell me the art

Postby Bryan B » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 am

Maybe I am the only one who wants the art book and can't quite justify the cost?

I could see releasing different T-shirt designs to sell them for $30 or offer hoodies? You could make the Kickstarter tier artbook more special somehow than the ala carte version like have them signed by the artists.

My only point was that I want to give more, but right now my only options are to give a lot more or buy copies of the game for my friends who are on the fence.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:38 pm

During the Kickstarter, I suggested that they also offer a hard copy of the other art book, the digital Art of Cyan book. But no joy. In the end I took a deep breath and treated myself to the Art Collector tier but as you say, Bryan B, it was a very big leap. Maybe that was what they were holding out for - that lots of people would feel they HAD to squeeze up to that level because there was no other way to get the Obduction Art book.

But having got there, I for one have nothing left for the final stages of the fundraising. And I fear that despite Greydragon's best efforts, the dissipated momentum from the Kickstarter proper will be very hard to recreate.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Bryan B » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm

I would be into the idea of them selling older artwork in a book or digital copy.

I was looking at the tiers again and also wishing they offered the soundtrack (CD or LP) as it's own tier, but it is $425, wow I will not be pledging enough to even think about that.

I guess I am being greedy since I already am getting the digital copies of these. That should be good enough hahah.

On a vaguely-related side note: I mentioned on the Obduction KS comments that we should all get together and organize an Occulus Rift KS. I am not sure if the makers would be into that idea (or ready for a consumer version quite yet), but why turn down hundreds or maybe thousands of people who want your product? I would think you have some serious negotiation potential. Maybe they would help fund another world or additional content if we got enough people pledging for set or if they could package a trial version of the game with it?
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby badsykes » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:21 pm

There can be a new kickstarter for a DLC after the obduction lunch to get the "new" world...Is kinda paradoxal that people wanted the VR so much but didn't want the new world ... I may up my bid from 25$ to 45$..

Well now you guys made me realize that there are 2 books actually...
Art of Obduction as "little" as 250$ ...
Art of Cyan at 45$...

So i am not sure now...
badsykes
Obduction Backer

Postby Arylemon_Jaie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:04 pm

This is right on the point of a comment I would like to make.
That is, we are not interested in the Oculus Rift/VR thing at all. I anticipate the hardware/device to be costly enough that we wont be able to buy it anyway.
Actually, we are already concerned our pc's wont run Obduction even. These things overheat with heavy video loads, such as URU when we go to the cavern online, and MS Flight Simulator X. We'll be shopping for cooling decks that move a LOT of air.

My family would MUCH rather have more worlds and puzzles.
Arylemon_Jaie
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)